Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX Problem

carneygeorge

Hi hope someone can help. I bought a used DFX over a year ago Spectrum E- Series. I love it and it has paid for itself a couple times over already, heres the problem. I was using it today and it started picking alot of signals and the right side of the screen had a complete bar from bottom to top. I stopped and moved about twenty feet away thinking there was a power line or something tried it again and the same thing happened. I have new batteries and I turned it off and then on and rebalanced it but the same thing???I haven't dropped it and can think of no other problems as it was working fine yesterday. What should I do next,,, any help would be appreciated HH George

I think you will have to send it in to White's. A little tuneup probably wouldn't hurt anyway. Turn around time is pretty good I understand.

That could be a variety of aliments, none are good. Before sending it in to your nearest service center, I would try a reboot. Take the batteries out while the unit is on, wait about 15 seconds and reinstall the battery pack and restart. If that does not work, you will have to send it in unless you are comfortable in opening it up. If you do open it up, check all electrical connectors, especially the LCD ribbon.

Good luck