Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX TONES

Hammered Again

Hi all I am new to the dfx and if possible can any one help me with my settings,is it possible to have a low tone just for iron and a high tone for everything else, thats right just two tones only can anyone tell me how.thank in advance.

No, the tones are not programmable on the DFX, you will have to move up to the V3i for that. On the DFX you will have 191 notches that can either be either on or off, one tone or 191 tones.

you can fine tune it to your specifications. In any program, factory or custom, all set to reject (iron) are low tone, and all set accept (good targets) ping a high tone with Mixed Mode turned "ON". It kicks but too, being its an all metal mode, way better depth, plus the low-high setup, its now all metal with discrimination ... can't beat it !!

Have Fun !!

new to metal detecting,but not to treasure hunting.just bought a dfx 300 and a v3i. nothing like jumping in with two feet.i'm finding you need to just get out and use it/play w/it. only used the dfx so far in my yard. found lots of pull tabs and nails,but did find a few pennies that would have been buried forever.1 1941 wheat back.