Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX Vs. XLT

sgtm8411

I have had an XLT for the last 5 years and love it! I am thinking of getting another detector and am debating between a Fisher CZ-3d and a DFX... Since i still have the XLT, is it really worth spending the money to get a DFX??? is the DFX that much better than the XLT????
thanks
Mike

I did, and was very unhappy with that decision after swingin the DFX fulltime for a solid 14 months. This coming from 15 years Spectrum experience as a Relic hunter, had to get the XLT back out for the raw depth I was used too. Honestly, I would look into an M6 or MXT, plus save a few dollars.

Dave

If you buy the DFX and use it like an XLT, you will be disappointed. If you go with the DFX and take advantage of the added features and benefits, you will be very happy with your purchase. The XLT and DFX are only similar in appearance. You will have much more to learn with the DFX to get the best performance. The best way to describe the DFX is, it is a custom made detector, adjustable for your own hunting style and hunting conditions in your soil type. Try to find someone with a DFX and ask if you could use it for a while if you can.

If i had the XLT id want to try something different like the minelab SE. I hunt in every condition... desert, water, and parks so the DFX was a great choice for me, not to mention i got a FANTASTIC deal.