Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diagonal and horizontal lines on smart screen

Davy crockett

Once again I'm coming here to tap into the vast knowledge here

My question is this, does a nice diagonal or a horizontal line being painted accross the smart fine screen mean that there is a coin there all the time or can you you have those lines without a coin being there.

I know what the book says about diagonal and horizontal lines and I have found coins like that but sometimes I had those lines but I didn't dig because I couldn't get a good solid hit or number.

Thanks all

It means you have multiple (typically 2) targets under the coil at the same time...with differing conductivities. (typically iron and something else)
Whether the 'something else' is foil, coin, aluminum, gold, etc. can only be 100% determined by digging.

No detector can guarantee that a signal is a coin every time. None.

mike

When you have those diagonal lines there most likely is a non-ferrous target with iron the line comes from the right corner bottom . It may be a coin or not but well be a non-ferrous target when it comes out of the iron bin the numbers can be altered by the iron . Ferrous coin well leave it on the 12 line as a mixed target making the numbers lower than you would expect the other modes of separation well leave a diagonal line or a vertical line .

If running in ferrous coin check target in one of the other modes user button to a different mode now these modes well give you a mixed signal your curser may be at 29.45 to 21.45 if a dime is hit as long as the curser is above the 32 line and not in the iron 32 to 35 line I would dig it . When mixed with iron watch the conduct numbers because the ferrous numbers well shift up and down but as long as it is above the 32 line you well have a non-ferrous target with iron .

If a coin is tight with iron on top of it or on the side of it your detector is reading this as one mixed signal a dime could very well read 12. 25 less or more depending on the size of iron it is mixed with I have yet to dig a dime quarter or half that read lower than 12.21 conduct number nickels can come in at 12.09 to 14 .09 so can pull tabs I don't dig nickels mixed with iron unless I am at a site with few pulltabs other wise lot's of tabs without knowing the true numbers. sube