Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diamond Match Token ID

Aarong81

I could use some help with this token I found today. I know a bit about the company already but I'd like to know more about this token specifically. "Token" may be the wrong name for it as it seems to be something owned by one person(50 cent charge if lost) and numbered accordingly. I have scoured the web and only found one matching example HERE.

I can only assume this could be very rare, especially since each was given a unique number and most likely never provided to the public. Any more clues or sources of info?

Keywords:
[size=small]THE / DIAMOND MATCH / COMPANY / 964 / STIRLING CITY, / CALIFORNIA
LOSS OF THIS CHECK / SHOULD BE REPORTED / TO TIME DEPARTMENT / IMMEDIATELY / A CHARGE OF FIFTY CENTS / WILL BE MADE IF LOST / OR NOT RETURNED / UPON LEAVING THE / SERVICE / OF / THE COMPANY[/size]

Tool token. Used to give the tool crib guy a token to loan ou a tool from his bin. He hung it in place of the tool showing you were the guy with the tool. Given bac to you when the tool was returned.

Value... Nominal Rarity naw every company about used them.

The tag was ssued to you upon hiring and returned on leaving....

edjcox, That sounds about right. I hadn't thought of it being for that use. I was thinking it was issued for each employee to clock in and out and/or collect his paycheck. It mentions returning it to the time department on the back of it, But it might just be the most convenient place to return it to. After your post I did more research and found a lot of results for "tool check". Here is one with similarities, especially on the BACK with the exception that it is to be returned to the employment office......
Thanks for the positive ID, edjcox!! This one had me stumped. :)
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BETHLEHAM-STEEL-TOOL-CHECK-BRASS-TAG-LACKAWANNA-PLANT-WS-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/da4AAMXQTghRP5Ft/$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q8%28LBRP5FtVk-!~~60_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BETHLEHAM-STEEL-TOOL-CHECK-BRASS-TAG-LACKAWANNA-PLANT-WS-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/ZskAAOxyyF5RP5F4/$T2eC16JHJHoE9n3Kd75CBRP5F4crR!~~60_57.JPG
SOURCE:HERE