Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did a little clad stabbin' and grabbin' 120 coins, $18.40

mudpuppy

Well, up early and read the Forums as usual, checked the surfcams and headed for the beach hoping to find a big cut in a profitable spot. It was pretty cold out though, mid 20's, we had a pretty big blow Friday, second highest waves recorded, but they appeared to have dumped more sand up than sweep it out...I drove around from pier to pier glassing the coastline, drinking coffee, hoping one of my spots was blown out good..[attachment 302261 nov214-1.jpg].Not the case though, so I checked out some Schools in the area and found one that looked good, the gate to the Football stadium was open, so in I went with the F70 and a screwdriver..In front of one of the concession areas, I hit a spill of 10 Q's right off the bat, so I stayed and swept up fresh drops and old stuff...a couple of old guys my age showed up that worked there, we talked, they had no problem with what I was doing...Clad grabbing with a screwdriver is fast, easy and fun, one of the most enjoyable ways of hunting as far as I'm concerned, leaves no trace at all, no kneepads or any other tools required, just stoop and stab, grab and go, probably more profitable than hunting gold in the cold water if a guy adds it up, it sure is a lot easier and way more comfortable, and a skillset to master in and of itself.:thumbup:..I knew with all these Q's, I'd find a dollar coin, which I eventually did, and was not surprised in the least... the fresh JFK half was a pleasant surprise, those halfs are very rare in any year of issue.[attachment 302262 nov214.jpg]
Hope y'all got out and found something!
Mud..

Great post. Never having been up close to the that big puddle, that's an impressive stetch of sand. But like you said and we wait for on our coast, the action that strips the sand instead of depositing it. Winters winds and storms have played big part in how we do in the cold months. Nice pile of clad, not often that the amount of clad may be greater than the value of gasoline burned on these detecting jaunts.
I hope you cam out well ahead!
HH - Bruce

Man mud, you sure can find sites that hold a ton of clad!
Not to mention the ability to dig it fast.
Nice total, I have never come close to that amount on one hunt.
Great going!

West Michigan Mud? I recognize that Pier maybe.

Thanks guys..I truthfully didnt expect much out of here..I wiped out a massive amount here in 2012 when I was on that 10k coin spree, so I was happy to see the people were still spending and dropping here.

I always leave a few coins as 'markers' for when I get back, generally zincs, I take a moment to remember right where they are, they help me get situated to the site again, so I can quickly work the places I didnt get to the last time...I never use the PP button, or a pinpointer either, just that cheap little screwdriver. The tones tell me what the target is, and how deep, so I tap coil, hover and wiggle, whatever it takes to narrow down the signal profile so a guy can stab it fast....the idea is to get the target from initial ping to pouch in less than 20 sec...once you get a stack, or tight spill, thats gravy money there, a heap of coins in less than 30 seconds! If I ever get the chance I'll have somebody film how I do it someday.

A cladstabber will find some silver and gold jewelry along the way, I remember finding a silver rosie here, and I always take a bit of time to stab up a good sounding tab if its in a strange or likely location, or go after a deep silver ping that is really sweet sounding....a guy wants to poke a strange signal every now and then just out of curiosity...I'll get back in here on some other Sunday morning and do a dedicated hunt for Jewelry...It might not be until Thanksgiving, but as fast as the Winters coming on this year, there could be snow on the ground...thats really no problem as long as the dirt is not froze and the snow is not too deep, I remember having a big clad day in 4" of snow at a place like this once, shot right through the snow and down into the dirt with no trouble...Its really all about the gate and timing...if its locked, then a guy cant hunt, a guy cant hunt if theres anybody else around either, and a guy certainly dont want to overstay their welcome, so in and out as fast as possible and early Sunday is the format..a place like this may have only a few opportunities in a whole year for a fellow to get into it..:thumbup:.
Mud.

ps, Yep.Lloyd, West Mich..thats the Grand Haven pier..

Nice work Mr Mud!!!

All those coins and not 1 scratch on them, outstanding!!

mudpuppy said:
ps, Yep.Lloyd, West Mich..thats the Grand Haven pier..

I have family in Grand haven and Spring Lake. My Grandparents had a blueberry farm in Grand Haven. I have spent half my life in Grand Haven and the other half in Detroit area. Maybe we will meet up one of these weekends for a hunt.