Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did Air Test and G2 questions

Swagman

Did another airtest outside. 100% Gain

Gold ring 70 VDI 9"

50 Cent Piece 88-89 VDI 8.5"

Quarter (Silver) 88-90 VDI 8"

Quarter (CLAD) 87-88 VDI 8.5"

Nickle 58-59 VDI 9.5"

Also got a question, when do you usually change out the 9V battery? Does detection capability go down at 2 bars or 1 bar? So far I like to keep it at 2-3 bars, if it gets down to 1 bar on the voltage, I change out.

Does anyone cover their G2 foam handle? Mine gets dirty and nasty, where I have to get a semi-wet cloth and clean it. Takes forever. I was thinking of covering it with a plastic bag and taping it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Swag

Swag battery has no effect on depth that I've seen. Some kinda wrap would be a good idea. Hopefully guys here have some good ideas.

I'm getting close to time for another battery change, depending on when we get good weather back. Clear, sunny, 71

I have ran batteries down to the point of hearing my pinpoint volume taper off. It amazes me how well the Gb still operates at low batterie levels. I used to change at one bar but now I am reusing those old bats down to nothing with no apparent performance loss.
Save yourself some bucks and get the most out of your bats.
I know you cant do this with the G2 but with the GB I just remove my arm rest wet the grip slid it off and wash it with soap and water and slid it back on comes out like new.

With self clinging "Vet" wrap. You can find it at a Vet Supply. Used to bandage horses legs....Comes in alot of colors and also pads the grip more...Mark

I put a wrap of saran wrap and then use bat tape or tennis racket tape. Very comfortable and you can wash it off when it gets muddy and nasty. Mo is going to lay his machine down one of these days and have to take his Minelab to find it. Does look good though Mo. HH :teknetics::minelab:

Keep us informed with your in ground finds.

thanks for the info guys on the gold the 9K one i found hit low 70's discing at 68 seems pretty safe to me now very good :clapping: