Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did I do okay?

gsmith

Was looking for my 1st hand-held and found a Garmin Dakota 10 with topo bundle at Dick's sporting goods for $129.00...got it home and opened the battery case...they left the batteries in it and the battery connections are corroded...no biggie...easy to clean off...I think I got a good deal?

Thank-you Andrew....was really looking for a etrex 10 but I noticed this...hadn't researched the Dakota's very much just enough to know that was probably a good deal!....now to figure it out so it will be use full with my MD....

In Dakota, you have plenty of features useful for MDing. An accurate receiver, 1000 waypoint and 200 saved track capacity and If you are after more than coins and bling, make sure to explore custom maps ability of your receiver - may be useful in hunting locations based on old maps! http://www.garmin.com/us/products/onthetrail/custommaps Yup, your $130 receiver can do things that... well, let me just say that MD manufacturers who wish to build in GPS capabilities into their machines should first look at one of these... ;)

Does the Garmin Oregon also have the custom map feature or is it only the Dakota?

With the custom map feature , is possible to take a 1917 topo and download it into the GPS?

Thanks, El

Andrew Kalinowski said:
IMHO you did very well.

[size=x-large]What does IMHO stand for?[/size]