Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did our old friend go out two days in a row? Did he find silver again? Did he find gold? Is he back to detect and post full time? (Answers within.)

cwilk

Yes. No. Yes. Probably not.

I did go out again today for two more hours. I was shocked to get another 10K ring. And very happy to find gold on back to back hunts! It has been a long time. It might look like plate in the photo because of that black gunk. It had a sizer on it and some of that is crusted on. Nothing a good polish won't remove. 2.9 grams. Nothing will get me motivated like finding gold. Maybe I'll hunt a little more often now. This was only my 16th hunt of the year. I remember when I'd be well over 100 hunts in August. Times change. Interests change. Not that I don't enjoy treasure hunting anymore, with the weather, and other things to do, it has taken a back burner in 2012. By the way, that souvenir penny is pretty spiffy too!

Somebody recently posted a thread about old Uncle Willy. I thought about him for a bit today. When I was a nub I would question a lot of things. How can one go for so long without finding gold and then in the course of a few hours find two 10K rings, Bill? I think his response might be something like, "Why does it matter, as long as you found gold, and had fun! You done good, Bud!"

Happy hunting all.

Chris

YES, IT IS THE SAME PAPER TOWEL FROM YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!

Nice goldie ring:thumbup:

Ha! Were you here for the one I used 50 or 60 times in a row? The thing weighed about a pound when I finally tossed it out.

Chris

Nice hunting! General Lee token/coin is cool, congrats, hank

There's an old time poster who remembers my descent into madness. A very short flight of stairs by the way.

Chris