Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Didnt I say I was gonna go out today and find that Large Cents silver sister...:detecting:

Derrelld

I cant believe it... But I found her!!!!!!!!! Still using that little 6 inch Excel coil. That little guy is performing amazing! Found the 1850 LC yesterday hiding in a bed of nails.. Today I took to a little park not far from work.. I have never found a silver coin at this location before.. Just wheat's and Indians & more Indians than wheat's. I started down the edge of the park about 3 feet from the road.. Right away I hit a signal right next to a plug I dug a few days ago. I opened up the hole and was surprised with a 1916 D wheat. I couldn't believe I walked right by it.. I kept on swinging in the direction I was heading.. About an hour went by and I hit another digable signal... There are so many nails in this place that the target ID doesn't register right at all.. If it gives a repeatable signal, and the cursor favours the conductive side of the screen.. I'm DIGGING it! I wasn't expecting silver, but when I opened up the hole and started fighting the roots. A small silver disc appeared out of nowhere.. I dug it out the rest of the way with my fingers and uncovered a 1936 Merc. My first silver coin from this park! :thumbup: Being pumped up from just finding the merc I continued on. About 40 minutes later I hit my next "decent" signal.. I opened up the hole and checked it with my probe.. I was getting a broken up high tone with the probe. I removed another clump of dirt. Doing so I uncovered a large piece of iron. Being a little discouraged thinking thats what gave me the signal the entire time, I started to cover the hole back up. When I glanced down, something shiny caught my eye.. I took a closer look and noticed a small silver coin sticking out of the dirt. I reached down to recover it. I almost fell flat on my back when I realized what I had.. 1876 S seated Dime!!!!!! :yikes: Im rarely this lucky!!! Finding the large cent last night, then the seated today.. I feel like im dreaming!!!!! Definitely a great start to the weekend! I fumbled around the park a bit more. Only ended up with a few more wheats and junk ring!
I appreciate everyone comments!!!!! Take care and good luck hunting this weekend!!!!!!
DerrellD

Way to go! The Explorer will just keep amazing you. You are really doing well this spring. Keep up the great finds!
HH - Robin

Nice find. I would love to find a seated coin someday. This explorer is a lot different than my old xterra but I'm starting to like it.

That's awesome. I'm still looking for anything silver. I have an Exp using the Sunray "stealth coil. The only silver I have found so far was a girl's sterling dolphin ring. Been going back to the local park I frequent but just getting clad-- frustrating for me. Nice finds you're posting.. it is giving me inspiration! :thumbup: