Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

die-hards still here grinding them out!!!

oneguy

Haven't stopped in the eTrac forum in quite awhile. Good to see Super Dave and FPD and a few others still grinding out the goodies with your Etracs!!!! Haven't touched mine hardly at all since I switched to nugget shooting but I refuse to ever part with it. If I parted with it I'd surely come acrossed a tear out of Main st. in Podunk USA. Been hunting gold now for 2 seasons...1st season 106 bits (just under 1 troy ounce), this season 40 bits and just over 1 troy ounce (got one BIG nugg). So I miss coin shootin but much prefer being out in the brush, alone, than in populated areas where the coins are. Once again...good to see all you guys are still pounding out the great finds with the mighty eTrac!!!! Keep em coming!!!!!

Agreed OG! It’s great to see that FBS is VERY alive and well after the onslaught of new “this and that”. The newer stuff is good for certain things too, but when it comes to deep coins...F-B-S.

I have just put my Nox 800 back into the box . I just feel far better with the ET than any other machine . Far better target info and no EMI to worry about if near Pylons etc using the WM08 with headphones.
My go to machine is likely to be the E.Trac for many years . Minelab only seems to bring out machines that just dont cut it like the ET does. Even the CTX just doesn't have it because of weight / over complicated menu / over priced spares etc .
I will keep my Nox but it will only be out if in very wet weather or in places it works best . Like low trash where target info isn't as much an issue.

I even bought a brand new ET 2 months ago , that will last me many years along with my older one .

Nuke em…. Don't give up on that Nox just yet. I hang on gold forums mostly and that machine (from what I read) is VERY capable at both coins and also small gold. Truly a machine that can do both equally well unlike any other out there to date?

On the other hand, as a coin shooter, that heavy old cumbersome eTrac is probably as good as any and I personally see no reason to try and learn a new machine when the eTrac does the job better than most....jmo.
You guys keep em coming....!!!!!

I owned both but believe me the nox finds what the Etrac missed..no doubt
Mark

Etrac is far superior to the equinox in every way imaginable for a coin hunter,yes I have both..Equinox is a pig in a poke as to what’s in the ground,Etrac is spot on at depth as to what’s down there..I hear aloooooot of misinformation on these two units,lots..If the Etrac is too heavy for you then by all means pick a lighter unit..just don’t justify it by saying the equinox is just as good,or better.lol..And it’s mostly the people who I thought actually might be somewhat schooled in this hobbie..The equinox is ok in a broken down rat rod sort of way,but in no way in the same class as a Etrac for coin shooting.

Bigtom123 said:
Etrac is far superior to the equinox in every way imaginable for a coin hunter,yes I have both..Equinox is a pig in a poke as to what’s in the ground,Etrac is spot on at depth as to what’s down there..I hear aloooooot of misinformation on these two units,lots..If the Etrac is too heavy for you then by all means pick a lighter unit..just don’t justify it by saying the equinox is just as good,or better.lol..And it’s mostly the people who I thought actually might be somewhat schooled in this hobbie..The equinox is ok in a broken down rat rod sort of way,but in no way in the same class as a Etrac for coin shooting.

Well said.

But the Nox has its place. Just not everywhere.
If only Minelab brought out a new FBS in a lightweight unit and faster with a few updates to settings etc . It would be all I needed.
Bringing out the CTX was like bringing out a new Pre Dreadnought in World War 2 .

Nuke em said:
Bigtom123 said:

Well said.

If only Minelab brought out a new FBS in a lightweight unit and faster with a few updates to settings etc . It would be all I needed.
Bringing out the CTX was like bringing out a new Pre Dreadnought in World War 2 .

Oh,I agree the nox has its place and it’s a great machine..I didn’t mean to sound like it wasn’t...I just see a lot of posts where coin hunting is the main objective and people saying the equinox is better than a Etrac in that scenario...I strongly disagree.
I took the 800 out to some parks today,had high tones set for 12,13 ,and 18 and up..everything else was a low tone..I dug more square tabs that rang in at 12,13 than I ever have in my life,the Etrac I wouldn’t have dug them..The Visual ID is it’s only downfall in my opinion,too compressed.

I agree.

I've been spending more time out in the brush myself the last few years checking out 'Old West' places. I've been enjoying the change of venue.

Rich -

Bigtom123 said:
Nuke em said:
Bigtom123 said:

I disagree. Set up right the ET is far better.
The Nox is best in less trashy areas that you can be sure of targets.
I just feel the Nox is to I.d. restricted.
Tonight I am out on the beach in the rain. It has to be ET . The Nox is too limited. Pity.
Well said.

Oh,I agree the nox has its place and it’s a great machine..I didn’t mean to sound like it wasn’t...I just see a lot of posts where coin hunting is the main objective and people saying the equinox is better than a Etrac in that scenario...I strongly disagree.
I took the 800 out to some parks today,had high tones set for 12,13 ,and 18 and up..everything else was a low tone..I dug more square tabs that rang in at 12,13 than I ever have in my life,the Etrac I wouldn’t have dug them..The Visual ID is it’s only downfall in my opinion,too compressed.

Well that is because most do not know how to use the NOX. I recently hunted an old spot with 2 other hunters about 20 yards x 20 yards. No modern trash just iron to deal with after 2 hunts Nox totals 56 old coins..... Etrac , CTX, Impact, Cz3d 1 old coin. Most who think the Etrac and CTX are much better mostly rely on target ID ,,, NOX it is first and foremost tone and when you learn what it is telling you all i can say is wow! But as an owner of all 3 machines i can agree that if i were to just cherry pick and rely on ID i would grab my Etrac or Ctx first. Depth of target indicator is not near as good on NOX either i will agree on that as well. Hunting with NOX is nothing like hunting with Etrac or Ctx totally different types of hunting and most who have use the 2 fbs machines for years cannot adjust to what it takes to be successful with nox. Until Nox the Deus was the obvious choice for hunting in heavy iron sites over the Etrac and Ctx. The Nox was not aimed at replacing FBS but to be a contender against the XP Deus which has been king in trash until now.

Well that is because most do not know how to use the NOX. I recently hunted an old spot with 2 other hunters about 20 yards x 20 yards. No modern trash just iron to deal with after 2 hunts Nox totals 56 old coins..... Etrac , CTX, Impact, Cz3d 1 old coin. Most who think the Etrac and CTX are much better mostly rely on target ID ,,, NOX it is first and foremost tone and when you learn what it is telling you all i can say is wow! But as an owner of all 3 machines i can agree that if i were to just cherry pick and rely on ID i would grab my Etrac or Ctx first. Depth of target indicator is not near as good on NOX either i will agree on that as well. Hunting with NOX is nothing like hunting with Etrac or Ctx totally different types of hunting and most who have use the 2 fbs machines for years cannot adjust to what it takes to be successful with nox. Until Nox the Deus was the obvious choice for hunting in heavy iron sites over the Etrac and Ctx. The Nox was not aimed at replacing FBS but to be a contender against the XP Deus which has been king in trash until now.
So the tone ID says old coin but the number ID is so bad that most hunters won't dig it. I've never experienced that on a VDI machine, all I've experienced is the tone's were real bad but that was with a sovereign.

So the tone ID says old coin but the number ID is so bad that most hunters won't dig it. I've never experienced that on a VDI machine, all I've experienced is the tone's were real bad but that was with a sovereign.
Yes Chuck the old coins we dug the ID was very jumpy but if you get glimpses of numbers you like and the tone is there, you better dig. For example one of the coins was a barber quarter at 2 full samson shovels deep. The Id was bouncing between iron and 32 , tone was good in several directions and not in a few directions. I can post a short video demonstrating what i dig ... this was at another site and it was a wheat but will give you an idea what i am doing.

If the tone was terrible but i.d. was good, like the 3 Walking Liberty halves I found with the Sovereign would you dig them ?

If the tone was terrible but i.d. was good, like the 3 Walking Liberty halves I found with the Sovereign would you dig them ?
I have no experience with the Sovereign at all. I do dig not so great tones with my etrac as long as i see ID i like. But right the opposite when i use NOX.

I have no experience with the Sovereign at all. I do dig not so great tones with my etrac as long as i see ID i like. But right the opposite when i use NOX.
BTW, where are you located? (state)

Agreed OG! It’s great to see that FBS is VERY alive and well after the onslaught of new “this and that”. The newer stuff is good for certain things too, but when it comes to deep coins...F-B-S.
I agree IDX. I love my Etrac and Explorer SE pro.

Attachments

• Bill 002.JPG
    Bill 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
  • Bill 004.JPG
    Bill 004.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • Bill 005.JPG
    Bill 005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • Bill 006.JPG
    Bill 006.JPG