Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different numbers on low frq and high frequency coils any fix?

Digger 45

updated to 5.21 and added a new elliptical coil, the numbers on different programs are very different between coils, is there a fix for this or is this something i will have to get use to?

The Deus does not have ID normalization for the high frequency elliptical coil. So not only will your numbers be different when changing from the low frequency coil to the high frequency coil, they will also be a little different when you change frequencies on the high frequency elliptical coil. I mostly used my Deus for gold prospecting with the HF coils so I didn't really use numerical target ID. I used the XY graph. When I used it for coin/jewelry it drove me nuts. I sold my Deus and bought the ORX which has ID normalization for the HF and X35 coils.

Jeff

I have 2 X35 and 2 HF coil. My general rule is this. The X35s for coins and the HF for relics and jewelry(where you dig all good tones anyway). I will run the elip for coins on old sites with lots of iron but lite modern trash. Folks seem to like norm on for the convenience but norm off really helps you cut the trash a lot. But I agree that it should not be problem for XP to update a program to give us the option if they could do it for the ORX.

You really might not want to use ID norm, but then maybe you do. Keep an open mind and leave your remote in your car or at home and dig by audio response only. I was blessed for being such a cheap bugger and starting out with a Deus lite at first. My first thought was who the hell puts the ID value in puck that is worn on your headset ? I seriously thought they won't be around very long , a lawsuit is inevitable ,since they were taking advantage of idiots like me who were buying their product to have the ID value attached well out of site when using the machine. I thought that needed a remote but before I could afford one, I found out how to use the machine from its audio response and without ID display. Now the remote is more or less for the ability to customize programs and update my pucks.