Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different updates on the Legend and which one do you like most?

TRIPLE-SSS

Bought my Nokta Legend new and it came with the 1.07 update. There have been quite a few updates since than, all the way to the recent 1.15. There is just so many mixed reviews on which one is the most preferred for the Legend users. I’m very simple and use the factory default settings with just a few minor adjustments with tones, recovery speed, discrimination patterns and switching from multi to single frequency modes. I have found allot of items and pretty happy with the default factory settings. Am ready to do my first update and just trying to get feedback from folks who have used several updates and which one they like the most , also which coil would be your preference on the beach.
Thanks
TRIPLE-SSS

I have not gone beyond 1.11 but until the recent 1.15 I think most of the update in between were just for the pinpointer which I'll never use. i have done very little detecting lately and have not done the 1.15 but now that schools are about to finish i probably will. Detecting the public parks here for zincs is a fools errand but once the schools are closed I will break into the once public areas and perhaps it will be better and worth it again. The 1.15 seems to have some useful features that deserve investigating.

I have not gone beyond 1.11 but until the recent 1.15 I think most of the update in between were just for the pinpointer which I'll never use. i have done very little detecting lately and have not done the 1.15 but now that schools are about to finish i probably will. Detecting the public parks here for zincs is a fools errand but once the schools are closed I will break into the once public areas and perhaps it will be better and worth it again. The 1.15 seems to have some useful features that deserve investigating.
Thank!

Each update has brought improvement. Any added features are there to use if you want to.

Go to:
Then click "software update". All the improvements for each update are listed there.
Thanx for the info. I’m trying to get some feedback from folks who have used the different updates and the results that they noticed to improve there target recovery.

The 3 big advancements for me have have been the addition of the Iron Filter, M3 & Dt/Deep Target features. Each update has also included smaller improvements too.

1.15 will do anything the others will and the downloads are free. If you don't like the improvements, you don't have to use them. In my opinion, they are nice to have and I doubt resale of a 1.07, like mine arrived at, will match 1.15 if you decide to sell. I don't have the Nokta pinpointer to pair with the detector but so what? It didn't cost me anything for the capability, just like some of the other improvements.

1.15 will do anything the others will and the downloads are free. If you don't like the improvements, you don't have to use them. In my opinion, they are nice to have and I doubt resale of a 1.07, like mine arrived at, will match 1.15 if you decide to sell. I don't have the Nokta pinpointer to pair with the detector but so what? It didn't cost me anything for the capability, just like some of the other improvements.
Thanx!

I think that ver. 1.15 is still new enough that probably most of us have not even installed it yet, and those that did, are still putting it through its paces and seeing what benefits it has for their areas of detecting….As someone else said, you don’t have to use every feature, but it’s nice to know that Nokta gives us choices and continues to improve the Legend…