Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digger, that CTX you have now...

Actually no. I have to send it back.

I might add, if you took the number of hours typically spent testing a new product times $5 an hour, and covered the expense to get to the places you need to be in order to do the proper testing, you'd have more than enough money to buy a lot of detecotrs. But in the real world, that don't happen. We don't get paid to test and we don't get reimbursed for the expenses we incur. Sometimes we get to keep the gear and sometimes we don't. But regardless of who the manufacturer is, I always get the satisfaction of knowing which ones are listening to us out in the fields, swinging the coil. And the "reward" of giving something back to the hobby that I have enjoyed for over 40 years. I know a lot of folks out there would do the same thing if they took the time and had the opportunity. HH Randy

Wow, would have thought you'd get to keep the machine or at least get paid for the testing. Otherwise that's a lot of expense to incur going out to various placed to test it with today's gas prices. On the other hand, I guess it will do a better job of getting an honest opinion out of the testers since they didn't get any "encouragement" to be very positive about their review.

Field Tester
Author(wrote the book on the X-terras for no compensation)
Moderator of two forums(There will no need to report that income on the tax return):lol:
World Traveler.........well he has been to Texas and sailing on the Chicago River!:rofl:

HH
BB

The test models are probably slightly different from production. They would have been very limited in number and would have been used to decide what needed to be tweeked. The sad thing is that the test models will probably be destroyed.

And we all appreciate the time that you have invested testing this machine Digger. And your right......I would love to have that opportunity regardless of pay but it still would be a nice gesture of Minelab to throw one your way!!

:biggrin: