Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggers!!!!!!

Idxpro

Is this crap real? This show makes me nuts! Those two must be the most annoying couple of jacka**'s ever. Also, what's with stupid terms? "Roundness in the hole"? Siv? Juice? Nectar? Cologne? I have been hunting with maybe 30 different people in the last 3 years alone and have never heard any of these dumb terms. Maybe it's just me, but if I hunted with someone acting like that and using terms like those i'd crack them in the head with my detector and knock some sense into him! I'd use my Bounty Hunter of course....Lol..

Roundness any object round like a possible coin, civ for civil war, juice some good finds,nectar el supremo really good find,cologne colonial period,:rofl::nono:come on now idxpro how could you miss the history lesson on your volcabulory words.Your suppose to be learning here from the pros!!!:unsure:

As I noted elsewhere, they where silly last year, but I think some producers, etc decided to push that angle more, to cover up for the fact that what we do is in fact fairly boring to watch. Now I love MDing, most of you know Im out almost everyday weather permitting. But for all the intrusions, production wise, when it comes down to it the real part finding a target, (if the targets are real and I believe they are) , kneeling and or squatting, digging the target, retrieving your target, clean up, replace plug etc and on to the next, is exciting to us, but not to a watching public. I think the public would loose interest fairly quickly if they didnt add all the antics. Thats part of what I think the problem is, ratings, ratings, ratings. Good Hunts All, CO

AllI can say is if they swing those coils as fast as they were showing on the show I would love to go behind them and search those areas again for as I am concerned its Ok to watch and see what they find but get real not act like a couple clowns out there if I was hunting with my Partner somewhere here and the landowner saw me running across the lawn and sliding like the fool did the only thing they would think is either he found gold or he is an absolute idiot

You are right and I cant stand beep -beep when they swing the machine and they dont show the anything real , not real live sounds, they edit them in latter lol

If enough people complained to the sponsors of the show it would go away. Good by and good riddance.

Idxpro said:
Is this crap real? This show makes me nuts! Those two must be the most annoying couple of jacka**'s ever. Also, what's with stupid terms? "Roundness in the hole"? Siv? Juice? Nectar? Cologne? I have been hunting with maybe 30 different people in the last 3 years alone and have never heard any of these dumb terms. Maybe it's just me, but if I hunted with someone acting like that and using terms like those i'd crack them in the head with my detector and knock some sense into him! I'd use my Bounty Hunter of course....Lol..

Don't watch it if you dont like it.

Those guys are just trying to keep it fun and interesting. I think they do a good job.

Bunzee said:
Idxpro said:

Don't watch it if you dont like it.

Those guys are just trying to keep it fun and interesting. I think they do a good job.

Seriously?

good grief these detecting shows are getting stupider by the show, dam the terminology is something else, i'm glad i haven't watched it yet!

HATE how detecting is portrayed. Rate it right up there with Jerry Springer in the trash department!

Diggers...if you don't like it the answer is simple ...don't watch it. I think most of you are a bit jealous that someone besides you is out there with a tv show traveling all over the country to great hunting sites and making a living doing what you love...yeah they act a little goofy..so what.. and as far as their pet terminology ..why does it bother all of you? Tell me you didn't have certain words or phrases between you and your friends..or perhaps still do...Looks like they are invited to find historical artifacts that they gladly hand over to the property owners..The fact that they are portrayed as honest and fun-loving is better than the sneaky greedy way that some guys hunt..like creeping onto a historical battlefield and leaving holes..it's good press for metal detecting and who knows.. maybe next time you knock on a door maybe the owner has seen the show and says yes because if it.

I have watched diggers and I think that yes they try and make it fun . But some of the things that they do , show's the land owner or anyone else who's looking that these two are unbalanced and do not respect the property that they have been given permission to hunt on . They also set a bad example to everyone who watches we are suppose to be better than that and respect the land owners property .Yes they give everything that they find to the owner but come on guy's use the mind that god gave you .

Not trying to have an argument here.. I don't know if unbalanced is the right description..goofy, silly, animated, excitable..yeah all of those..but I do agree that they should not be swinging from tree limbs. I am sure the show has a release form and insurance so the property owner is indemnified from responsibility for those actions but maybe the shows producer should tell them not to be so risky and careless for their own safety and for the image it creates about detectorists. I see it not so much as disrespect for the property (considering the insurance and the need to keep the show from being boring) but I do see it as a bit disrespectful to themselves and maybe not a good example for young children.

:thumbdown:

I agree with those that say "Don't watch it if you find it irritating". I've watched it once, found it irritating and won't bother to watch it again. NUFF SAID!
BB

The show is FUN....that is all it is meant to be, and to provide a little history in the process. Some of the stuff they find, im sure I would be jumping around as well. WHO CARES if they have jumped on a tree, they are not breaking anything. They are just showing that metal detecting CAN actually be quite exciting. And the terminology, I can't believe someone would complain about that. Again WHO CARES. They are not on the show saying everyone uses these terms, and to memorize it. It is just for FUN. Live a little.