Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diggin in Va X, with my F75

ringfinder

Just thought that since I had posted some of my finds, I would send along some of the pictures.

I hunted in Virginia the first part of this month at the Diggin in Va. DIV X hunt. There were over 300 hunters
hunting 1100 acres of private property. We hunted 3 full days. I was told that I should get in shape before
hunting at this hunt. Well you guys know, if you hunt at all for relics, you are in pretty good shape. Well take
it from me, the Virginia hills will take your breath away. The first day, I had to stop several times just to catch my
breath. By the second day, I was a little better, and by the third day, I was able to walk up and down the hills
with little problem.

I must say, drink lots of water, where ever you hunt. I again, thought what the heck, I hunt all the time at home
and don't have any trouble with dehidration. Wrong Again! The first day, if it hadn't been for Buckeye Brad giving
me some water, I would still be laid out on one of the corn fields in Va.

I hunted in all metal, sensitivity around 75 higher if I could get away with it and ground balanced about every 5 feet or so.

[attachment 111030 MyfindsatBrandyRock.jpg]

[attachment 111031 Dennystotalfinds.jpg]

The first day I found 11 3 ringers, the second about the same thing, but couldn't find a button to save me. Guys were finding
buttons all around me, but all I was finding were nails. The third day, I walked over to a hill, looked more like a moutain to me,
and on this hill, I dug all my buttons. I bet I didnt hunt anymore than an acre square all day. I wasn't the only guy in this area, and we
all hunted it all day long. I dug five buttons eagles out of this site. One was all together and the other four were just backs. I also
dug a underware button and a West Point button. I also found a J-Hook at this site.

[attachment 111032 MyfirstEagleButton.jpg]

All total, I found 27 3 ringers, one was a Sharps ringtail, and another was a Williams Cleaner. Six were dropped .54 calibers and 3 were dropped .58 calibers.

[attachment 111033 Holeanddetector.jpg]

[attachment 111034 Bulletfound.jpg]

[attachment 111035 BulletIfound.jpg]

This was my first DIV hunt and my first CW site hunt. I had a ball, was very tired, but can't wait to go back. I envy guys who live
in a CW area.

HH, Ringfinder

I recommend everyone try All Metal. Even in really bad places that seem like you can't
hunt the area in the Discrimination mode, try All Metal. It really works great!

HH all, Ringfinder