Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dime Trio and a Bullet Question

AgIA

This is my 1st post in the 3030 forum as I just upgraded from the ET and have been loving the separation with the 3030. Hit a ballpark today and found a nice dime trio.

Also pulled my first half ever although it's just clad. Found a few bullets and these are the 1st bullets of this type I have come across. I don't know much about firearms and was wondering what type/era are these bullets?

HH

AgIA said:
This is my 1st post in the 3030 forum as I just upgraded from the ET and have been loving the separation with the 3030. Hit a ballpark today and found a nice dime trio.

Also pulled my first half ever although it's just clad. Found a few bullets and these are the 1st bullets of this type I have come across. I don't know much about firearms and was wondering what type/era are these bullets?

HH

What state did you find them in? They look like Confederate .54 or .58 bullets that hit something soft. If they hit something hard you may be mushroomed to the 1st or 2nd ring, and past all of them if it was a close in shot. I'm originally from Virginia, so I grew up around these old slugs and they were fairly common finds when my dad and i went out detecting. I'm 51 now and they are not as common a find as when I was a boy.

We detectorists are doing a good job cleaning up our environment be removing all that harmful lead from the soil! :rofl: Just a moment I need to barf........Never mind the fact that lead comes from the ground, and oil does too for that matter!! OK I'll jump down off the soapbox with my politically incorrect comments. (they just loooooooooove me here on the Left Coast)

The Shark