Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappointed in weather cover....

ferdware

Well I found something that Whites makes that I am not to pleased with. I recently purchased a cover from whites for the box of my detector. I used a coupon so it only cost me $10.00 ( if I paid the $20.00 I would have been upset). Anyway, when looking at the picture it looks like a heavier material, but when I received it. It was pretty thin. I also don't see how it really protects anything at all. And you have to completely remove it to replace the battery. These are not difficult issues to solve.
On a positive note. I do like how it looks on my detector. And most important of all. Its just a cover, I still love my V3i.

thanks for listening
FERD

My guess is here:

http://whiteselectronics.com/holidayspecial2010.html

Ferd, if it makes you feel any better I have had the cover for a year now and it has held up fine. When it gets dirty I just hand wash it. I know... its a drag to have to take it off to charge the batteries. The box really doesnt even need a cover anyway because the speaker is plastic coated and sealed anyway. I think the cover is just basically made to keep the box and dirt & scratch free.:)
Aaron

Hey ferd. I too have had one of those for years and it is still in brand new condition. (It is a bit of a hassle to get to the battery but have became used to it.) Like Aaron said, it's main advantage is to keep the box new. My XLT and DFX have been in pristine shape when they've been sold. Because of this cover, a rod replacement and....coil covers = more bucks. Tried the pod cover but for me there was no upside with it.