Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disappointment Right Out Of The Box…D2

T-DUB

Well the D2 arrived today. Longer day at work than normal. Unboxed everything, inspected everything, went to connect the lower shaft to the coil and…..NO screw! The screw was not included in the coil fastening kit! Golly, not a good first impression. Spoke to the place where I purchased it from, and they are going to get one out for me tomorrow, and that is much appreciated! Frustrating to say the least this day and age when you pay good money and expect everything to be in “order” and things like this happen! Common occurrence throughout many industries and manufacturers! So the maiden voyage will not happen this weekend, bummer. Is what it is I guess…..

My new unit came with two bolts, washers and nuts.
Also the 9" coil I recieved Monday had 2 sets of fasteners snd a lower shaft rod.

I don't forsee the need for extra parts but I did loose a nut once on another unit. So stuff can happen.

Local hardware stores here have nylon bolts and nuts

Believe I'd go to my local Hardware store and get a right sized bolt and a wingnut and get busy.
That thought has crossed my mind, but for me it’s the principle of this scenario. You spend $1,600, you shouldn’t have to spend more to fix an item right out of the box. Prob end up doing it anyway, got a bad itch to get it out.

That is a big disappointment!
My experience has been that they typically give you 2 sets of fasteners.
I think when you get out and use it the forgotten screw will be forgotten!
Zero screws, two spacers, two washers, two wing nuts…lol.

My new unit came with two bolts, washers and nuts.
Also the 9" coil I recieved Monday had 2 sets of fasteners snd a lower shaft rod.

I don't forsee the need for extra parts but I did loose a nut once on another unit. So stuff can happen.

Local hardware stores here have nylon bolts and nuts
Did the lower shaft come included int the price, or did you have to pay for that separate?

Hi,
It came as part of the unit- no extra cost involved. I was pleasantly surprised. It is now ez to switch up coils.