Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

disc. pattern question

pointer80

Hi all, As you know I am new to the e-trac and have a question on the preset disc. patterns. I see there is one for foil and pulltabs and caps what are these for? It looks like they only except foil and pulltabs and caps? If this is true then what is the purpose of this? Am I reading this wrong in the manual being that I'm a greenhorne and all:happy:. Thanks to all again. pointer80

You are just misunderstanding!
The disrimination patterns are to either choose,or,accept or reject.
Ok,lets say it's a first time set up.
You go to discrimination and scroll down,first is coins. Once on it you can choose to select it,accept it,or reject it.
lets say you select it,to do this you just hit the detect button.you will probably get a screen asking if you want to load
the pattern into smart find! up or down arrow to choose yes and right arrow to select.
Then it will load just that pattern!Nothing else!

Second option: Back at coins,you choose to accept it,to do so you hit the accept reject button to accept and reject it.
it should leave a check beside it if you accept it,and an x beside it if you reject it.

There for if you accept coins,accept jewelry,reject foil,reject pulltabs, and then hit the detect button
it will load a pattern according to what you accepted or rejected!

There is a much simpler way!Just go to the User modes menu and select coins!
That is if coins are what you are after.
Then remove the discrimination in the very top r.h. corner.

All in all just think of it as anything black on the screen is discrimination,anything white is accepted.

Then other than that all you need is to adjust a couple of things.
one being the sensitivity.Run it at auto +3
or run it in manual,as high as you can and not be too noisy as far as chattering for no reason!

The other is gain,set it at 30,that way you won't miss hearing deep signals!

Last,Be patient,have fun for a while and learn.
Don't expect too much right off the bat,and the e trac will amaze you.

Best of luck for now and best wishes on finds.

LabradorBob

Well, when you put it that way it makes perfect sense:thumbup::thumbup: Thank alot. I'm reading the manual and Andys book but just not finished yet(that is finished with the first reading).

If you need anything just ask,there are a lot of great people on here.
we'll be looking for your posts and great finds!
Best of luck.

LabradorBob