Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discerning the sounds of silence,and other things.(One Hand Clapping)

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
I'm hold-up here (Ibarra,Ecuador) in a Hotel Room,waiting for the Date I can Re enter Colombia.So reading alot on the Forum.
We've slowly been able to hear more and more of what the Excalibur is telling us,and to all the Knowledge that has been turned into a "Science"......
Seems to me,"DIG IT ALL" is our best bet.Why all the fuss about recognizing Tones,when it seems to be,Fruitless in many cases.?
The Bottom Line,as I have been reading ,is TRAINING YOU EARS(also good Headphones). ELECTRO on Page 16 speaks of this,from a Knowledgeable Mind.He's speaking in TERMS OF..... ATTACK PITCH...SUSTAINING.....AND RELEASE..!

So...Would slowing down the Tone,(stretching) would be a another way to put it) like they do in the Movies,for Voice Identification,so you could really hear the Nuance in the Tone.The trick would be to build this Sound 'STRETCHER" in the size of,say a Bluetooth Reciever,to clip onto your EXcal....
stoneshirt.

I have been using the Xcal for about 7 years. If the machine does not discriminate a target out I dig it. Even when i think I know what the machine is telling me. So many different tones that I can not hear the difference. My hearing is very poor due to far too many years working and living in a very noisy environment. I dig some trash but once in a while one of those trash tones is not trash And there are times that I dig what I think are trash targets just to make sure.

I have been using the Xcal for about 7 years. If the machine does not discriminate a target out I dig it. Even when i think I know what the machine is telling me. So many different tones that I can not hear the difference. My hearing is very poor due to far too many years working and living in a very noisy environment. I dig some trash but once in a while one of those trash tones is not trash And there are times that I dig what I think are trash targets just to make sure.
Hi..So,there you go....The more you dig,the better you get at it
stoneshirt.

I use the Excal just for water hunting and its ability to give me tones is great. I learned to find Gold not pull tabs thru the years, but still dig pull tabs just to see. This is one machine that will always be detecting in the water with me and I have been offered cash money for it , but will not sell it.

Even though the Excal is a water detector a coin garden would probably help you with the tones, to ID targets. Another plus of a coin garden, bury targets at depths just at the outer range of detection, you'll be surprise how a little tweak of your coil speed, approach and angle will help you detect this targets. Good Luck with your Excal. HH Ron

Lengthening the tone duration is a nice feature with the CTX. I got an Equinox and missed it right away.

Lengthening the tone duration is a nice feature with the CTX. I got an Equinox and missed it right away.
bklein....Hi.Didn't realize this was a Feature,for any Detector.Very interesting.Does it do what it sounds like it does?..stoneshirt.

Yes, you have normal-like a beep, long-a longer beep, smooth-like long but smoother transitions between states, and pitch hold- which holds a target tone unril the next one. I use the smooth setting. Gives your brain a chance to recognize the small/deep targets in a fast sweep that you’d miss otherwise. Equinox has “recovery speed” but this doesn’t do the same thing. It is kind of a separation control that makes everything run together or if separated out you probably lose resolution of small targets. I thought mine was defective until I sent videos to Minelab and they responded it was normal.

Yes, you have normal-like a beep, long-a longer beep, smooth-like long but smoother transitions between states, and pitch hold- which holds a target tone unril the next one. I use the smooth setting. Gives your brain a chance to recognize the small/deep targets in a fast sweep that you’d miss otherwise. Equinox has “recovery speed” but this doesn’t do the same thing. It is kind of a separation control that makes everything run together or if separated out you probably lose resolution of small targets. I thought mine was defective until I sent videos to Minelab and they responded it was normal.
"eneresting" Thanks for that. stoneshirt.