Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discovery 2200 vs Pioneer 202

Kegan

I have purchased two used detectors, the Discovery 2200 and Pioneer 202. I am quite a newbie and can't quite figure out which is the better one to keep in the long haul (both have been very adept at finding trash, but that might be newbie user error!). I live near beaches and am not sure exactly what my hunting preference is. I'm somewhat intrigued by relics and what might wash up in the mile or so inland from our occasional hurricanes. In addition to sandy soil, we also have quite a bit of red clay soil, which I understand is highly mineralized; and both these models have concentric coils. Being in the south east USA and near a port, civil war finds on permissioned land is not uncommon (so I hear).

So, the question is simply which would be the better detector for me, or should I sell them both and start over with a newer model. My budget is around $400 - $500. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

If you are thinking about detecting on the salt water beaches , both detectors may become erratic due to the salty sand. That is , the closer you get to the water the wetter sand can make a machine nutty. Dry sand should be fine. Otherwise sell them both and do an upgrade. Since you are somewhat of a newbie learning any machine will be just as challenging. So nothing gained nothing lost. Goodluck and HH

Yes, sell them both and buy a used Equinox 600 which is by far a much better detector 500-550 usd.
When you start detecting you want a detector you will have confidence in and can be used in a salt water environment.
You can also get wireless & waterproof headphones for it, 6" & 15" coils and it's submersible to 10'

Last edited: