Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination 47-48, yes or no?

hotrod53

What’s the school of thought on 47-48? Should I open it for chance of hitting big silver, or will it cause wrap around making it not worth doing?

I would definitely open it up, had many quarters and dimes come in that high at certain areas. The only Morgan dollar I found came in at a solid 1-42. I leave conductive side open all the way to 50, you just never know.

What’s the school of thought on 47-48? Should I open it for chance of hitting big silver, or will it cause wrap around making it not worth doing?
47-48 should absolutely be open, yes! A silver quarter or large cent will get that high on a regular basis!

I guess that I should clarify a bit... my upper numbers are open all except the upper right discrimination line. The factory discrimination pattern has 46-50 in the top right corner masked out. I see many who have posted their pattern have it discriminated, some don't.

A good starter corner coin pattern would be Co 34 to 50 and Fe down to 26 open. That should get you clad and silver coins along with some wheat pennies and a few Indian heads.
As for me the factory installed coin pattern is trash.
Ron in WV

The 110 pattern from Elmy along with the reverse Quickmask is a coin producer. It has 47, 48, and 49 opened up down to 20.