Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination patterns

chuckciao

I am a new Eq 600 user and would appreciate some feedback from experienced users regarding discrimination patterns. I have been using the stock Park I program to hunt a turn of the century park and have been digging far more trash than I ever did with my CTX. Since my goal is silver coins & older nickels & copper, I am considering discriminating out the numbers 0-11, leave open numbers 12-15 for nickels, discriminating out 16-18, leave open 19-40. What are the downsides of this pattern?

In some really aluminum rich trashy parks I hunt, I get even more aggressive and disc out 0 -11 and 14 -18. If I don't want to dig zincs and screw caps I'll disc out 19 - 22 also even though some silver and big gold jewelry could pop up in that range. You will get some odd, clipped audio responses in the nickel and penny range and basically forget about gold for that hunt unless it is 12,13. Otherwise, it will work.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
In some really aluminum rich trashy parks I hunt, I get even more aggressive and disc out 0 -11 and 14 -18. If I don't want to dig zincs and screw caps I'll disc out 19 - 22 also even though some silver and big gold jewelry could pop up in that range. You will get some odd, clipped audio responses in the nickel and penny range and basically forget about gold for that hunt unless it is 12,13. Otherwise, it will work.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Nickels.....why? You coin hunting? If it’s trash you want to avoid and small gold the 0 to 6 should do it and knock out some of the iron wrap around when running high sensitivity. You aren’t getting more gold digging nickels either. You find more gold digging pull tab and bottle cap digits.

He is looking for silver, older nickels and copper.

Jeff

Should work OK, Indians will come in starting around 18. This will probably miss the 3 centers as well. :shrug:
HH Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Ive never been a real pattern guy especially on this machine.... sometimes it can chop near signals, in fact notching can do that on most machines a digit either way from those disc out. The Nox is a very fast machine..... almost to fast..... so to high of an IB and RS and you can miss near targets. patterns work if you dont have a lot of time.... but there is a lot to be said about griding and slowing down as well working that area in AM with the iron turned down. Targets can really change based on the soil and depth and length of time down there.... so you can find yourself digging near targets that arent the exact digit those coins air test at.

dewcon4414 said:
Thanks Jeff. Ive never been a real pattern guy especially on this machine.... sometimes it can chop near signals, in fact notching can do that on most machines a digit either way from those disc out. The Nox is a very fast machine..... almost to fast..... so to high of an IB and RS and you can miss near targets. patterns work if you dont have a lot of time.... but there is a lot to be said about griding and slowing down as well working that area in AM with the iron turned down. Targets can really change based on the soil and depth and length of time down there.... so you can find yourself digging near targets that arent the exact digit those coins air test at.
That's the hardest thing to get across is how fast this machine is and to slow down with high trash and high recovery speed. It is not humanly possible to distinguish targets in a highly target saturated area with a over sped coil sweep. JMO
HH Jeff

When I'm in a hurry I use a more aggressive pattern like jmaclen and swing fast. When hunting for that hidden old stuff slow is key. You can use a fairly aggressive pattern but swinging slow will help them shine thru the trash.