Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination Range When Noise Canceling

5900_XL-1

Question:

Does a noise cancel on the Equinox, automatically envelope the entire range of targets VDIs by default, no matter the selected discrimination pattern you did at the point of taking the noise cancel?

In other words, "If you usually discriminate out everything below high conductor coins etc, for your actual detecting that day", and noise cancel....will opening up the full range by pushing the iron button, still be silent from EMI?

Should we always do a noise cancel with out discrimination?

Interesting thoughts but I don't see the connection. Noise cancel is only a slight shift in frequency{s} and shouldn't effect your discrimination pattern, so Yes is my thought . I personally rarely noise cancel, just when there is EMI even then reducing sensitivity is more effective. JMO
HH Jeff

Noise cancel has no influence from or on discrimination. Noise cancel is only listening to each frequency set and then picking the one with the least noise.

I use noise cancel more often than most folks. I feel it resets the machine while looking for. Channel to use.

I always wondered about your question, especially if you switch modes say from park to field?

My jury is still out on this subject.

Tony

I've sense that I hear more chatter at times when the machine is set to zero disc by hitting that iron button. I usually do the NC with the discrimination set for my high conductors. It just poked at me if there was a gain in doing noise cancels with the full spectrum, no disc. I do use the iron button during hunts, and find myself using the open screen for periods of time sometimes. I need to tinker with it in the next chatter episodes, doing a noise cancel with an open screen, just to settle my mind. Thanks.

Hi,
Equinox noise cancelling is for EMI from electrical sources and cross talk between detectors or pinpointers. Auto Noise Cancel chooses the best of 19 frequencies adjacent to the one or ones your Nox is set on. Anytime frequencies or modes are changed, noise cancelling is recommended.

Ground noise is from differing soil condition- wet or dry-high or low mineralization especially iron and salt content.

When you hunt with nothing discriminated by pushing the horseshoe button and you hear more chatter than before, you are likely hearing ground noise, not EMI. Auto Noise Cancel will probably not help that unless it is extremely low frequency EMI.

Jeff