Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

distance to waypoints

jas415

So, we are doing a relic hunt, lots of woods and some late 1800's homes long since gone. I entered the waypoints of buildings, different spots, etc., and they are on the machine. Now, if I select 'go to waypoint and say I am 3 miles away or 300 yards, what is the scale on the screen? How close to the waypoint do I have to get to see it on the screen?

That is a good question, I did a drag and drop on a beach site I hunt. I know you can change the grid size on the map screen. Like yourself I do not know how close you must be to the area. I read that the map screen becomes 100 X 80 yards that can be viewed in three different sizes, 10 , 20 and 100 yards I would assume you would have to be within 100 X 80 yards.I hope someone knows the answer for sure.
Jim

The map screen is divided into 20 cells, 5 across and 4 down. Each cell can be 10 x 10 yards/meters per cell, 20 x 20 yards/meters per cell (default), or 100 x 100 yards/meters per cell. You can scroll through the zoom levels and select the scale you want. If you have selected the 100 zoom size, the screen would be displaying 500 yards/meters x 400 yards/meters. To be displayed on the map screen (whatever scale you select) both you and your target have to both be in the display range of the selected zoom level: 500 x 400 yards/meters area for the largest or 50 x 40 yards/meters for the smallest. Pages 14-18 in the manual......