Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diving with the CTX

A friend of mines bought a pair of GGA for his infinium and was not pleased with them so I made a trade with him and gave him a used pair of underwater Garrett headphones... I had modified some Garrett headphones for the CTX and have been using them on dives to about 12". They are definitely louder than the GGU headphones that I was really disappointed with... So, I took the GGA and just as I suspected, there was no chip/coil built into the headphones so there was barely any audio at all even with the CTX volume at 30 and the volume control all the way up at 10 on the GGA I could barely hear a whisper.... I disconnected the volume control and inserted the chip/coil and it is definatly louder than the GGU and I would say that it is maybe a tad bit louder than my modified Garrett headphones. I still need to test them out in the water but I notice that there is no muffling like the with the GGU, the GGA is much more loud, clear and crisp sounding than the GGU for sure... I just can't see hunters buying a pair of GGU and GGA just to install the chip/coil in the GGA or the easier solution would be to remove the GGA speakers and install them on the GGU... I was lucky to have all of these headphones available to experiment with...

MAL Surfon's nor Amphibian & Skully won't survive more then 10/15 hours underwater (scuba detection).

You only have 3 options if you want to dive with your CTX 3030:

Option 1 : use a a re-breather!

Option 2 : use the crappy yellow koss headphone

Option 3 : Use the excellent and loud AGA Bone Phone from Amron, but you will have to use a diving hose.

I have tested the Fischer and the Aquascan bonephone and they don't sound as loud as the Amron one with the CTX 3030

Ive used GGA on my excal and my ctx. Volume on the excal does seem a bit higher. High enough to blow your ear drums when you go over a fast food ketchup thingy. They are a little lower on the ctx but still very much loud enough for me. Only thing I don't like about the GG is the fitment on me head. I have to either wear a hoodie or beanie over them to help squash them closer to my head or bend the head piece. They arent that tight of a fit. Maybe some gel pads are in order.

By the way Frogmaster, welcome to our forum. I am so glad you have joined this one.