Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do any of you use a harness for the E-Trac?

I can't have my coil one foot in front of me, it sounds off on my Titanium knees:rant: I have to have my coil at least 2 feet from me. nge

I was hunting with an Explorer XS with the original coil and the Sunray X-1 Pinpointer (original white probe) Hurt my swinging shoulder and was dying when I took out the Explorer. I picked up a swingy thingy and it did help, but I felt that I had A LOT going on with cables and bungies. I sold the explorer and bought an etrac with the smaller, lighter X-1 probe, but after a time, the cables and bungy were bugging me, so i tried a handheld pinpointer and left the X-1 and swingy thingy home. Losing the weight on the search rod was enough to relieve the soreness in the shoulder and I liked using the handheld pointer to boot. Later on, I picked up an RNB battery and dropped a couple more OZ's from the detector AND gained a bunch of detecting time between charges.

If I am hunting open grass areas with no snags, there isn't a problem using a swingy thingy. If I am in the woods and brush, it is prone to getting hung up on branches and the like. But that's me.

Lately, I've been trying to use detectors lighter in weight to keep the shoulder from getting sore. Helps the shoulder, but I do miss my etrac.

Rich -