Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do Coin Star finds count?

fyrffytr1

If so then I have used up all my luck. I walked by the Coin Star in Wal-Mart a couple days ago and was surprised to see several dimes laying on the floor. The reject tray was so full that it couldn't hold all the coins. I got three handfuls and the ones off the floor. Ended up with over 1 pound weight and $11.45 face value. I also got a 64 quarter and a 4? wheat cent.
20210909_094908.jpg
20210909_225403.jpg
20210909_231130.jpg
20210909_231301.jpg
20210909_231314.jpg

Im constantly picking up coins. I FIND them so I would say they are finds. Most I ever found was a quarter laying on top of a $5 bill……. Still scratching my head over that one, edge of the street in the middle of nowhere.

Must be something wrong with that Coin Star machine. Most of the "rejects" look like there is nothing wrong with them. Good score!

Dang right it counts, just another form of treasure hunting I'd say!

I always check the Coin Stars wherever I go. It embarrasses my wife so that is mainly why I do it. As far as I am concerned regarding taking the coins I look at it this way. The owner abandoned them, Coin Star rejected them and they don't belong to the store any more than a coin dropped on the floor. I take all the coins I find, except silver and old ones, and put them in a big can. Around November I roll them up and turn them into the bank. I take that money and add to it to bring it up to $200.00. Then I go toy shopping for needy chidren and turn the toys over to my car club who donates them to whatever charity they are sponsoring that year.

I always check them to I pull silver out a lot! one time the coin hopper still had a bunch of change in it!!
Mark

If so then I have used up all my luck. I walked by the Coin Star in Wal-Mart a couple days ago and was surprised to see several dimes laying on the floor. The reject tray was so full that it couldn't hold all the coins. I got three handfuls and the ones off the floor. Ended up with over 1 pound weight and $11.45 face value. I also got a 64 quarter and a 4? wheat cent.View attachment 19105View attachment 19106View attachment 19107View attachment 19108View attachment 19109
That’s a nice haul, congratulations! Count them if you wish, it’s a personal count anyways.
Tony