Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do I need a computer for this detector?

Mike T

I asked this question before and didn't recieve a clear answer, I am moving to a cabin without electricty and will not have a computer. Does the Etrac or the CTX3030 require a computer for updates on programs and such, or could I buy one of these and use it as is forever?

I've had my etrac for 8 months and have yet to load the CD on my computer. You don't need to connect it to your computer to find the good stuff.

You can change your patterns without using a PC. The software allows you to save your patterns to your PC, which is nice if you've created more custom patterns that you can store on your E-Trac. Right now, Minelab does not offer on-line software upgrades for the E-Trac. If they start offering that in the future, then having a PC would be more critical.