Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you find yourself raising your coil

LabradorBob

Staff member
To get your Numbers,or cursor to change?
What are some opinions on this?
LabradorBob

i lift mine up sometimes just to see if its a big target. once in a wile i cant get my numbers or cursor to move on a target so i lift it up so it can clear or reset but you have to lift it so high to get away from the target that im up higher than my knees. lol

rbholt80 said:
i lift mine up sometimes just to see if its a big target. once in a wile i cant get my numbers or cursor to move on a target so i lift it up so it can clear or reset but you have to lift it so high to get away from the target that im up higher than my knees. lol

Nice to see you back Rob. Was wondering if you were still watching. Has you baby come yet? That's was the last posts I remember you talking about going to the beach.

Bob, I do, like Rob, raise my coil sometimes to see how "high" the detector will sound off...trying to see if it is a canning lid, aluminum can or something. My ground here is usually non-mineralized, so for the most part the numbers change fairly quickly. I have been in heavy iron and had it be sluggish though, that is usually when I slow down more.

NebTrac

I sometimes raise the coil on the double or triple beep surface stuff to zero in, then switch to pinpoint. Also, like rbholt80 to check if it's big and/or deep

YEP, I do. I'll raise up the coil and even stop or shorten the motion to allow a reading to show up.

I've not experimented with it a lot to determine exactly what is going on, but my thoughts were that I have a good and bad target under the coil. The bad target is BELOW my discrimate setting and so I am not seeing any numbers from it and the good targets is in there but it's signal isn't as strong as the bad target. It may also be a shallow target with very inconsistent ID numbers.

I may have to experiment with this now that you bring it up. The more I get thinking about, the more unsure I am over the results.

Rich (Utah)