Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you hunt any different with the Deus..

Potomac run

being cordless? what I'm talking about is with it being cordless is hunting in the tight spots thick woods and such.. where a set on head phones with cords would drive you crazy.. that is how i found the last plate i posted a pic of.
I think it is a big + you can poke it in lots of tight spots..

It's truly nice to be wireless but I don't think it changes what I do or where I go

I actually do. For as fast as the machine is, it has helped me slow down.

sprchng said:
I wear a beret:)

:laugh: I haven't switched to a beret just yet. Maybe after V4 and new coils come out. But with the Deus I do hunt slower now, mostly because I spend a lot more time sniffing good finds out of the iron junk. I also pay a lot more attention to the audio and much less to the display than I did with my previous machine.

I now have specific targets in mind in most cases, rather than just trying to find metal Like i was with my Minelab.

If I want coins, I set for coins, If I am after relics I set up for relics and so on.

Love the way you can notch out the undesirable targets and cut through them to the good stuff.

Beret is on Order.

Clegy

I came from a Whites V3i and I could do just about everything the Deus can do with it, in some case many more things the V3i would do. The ground notching was not available on the V3i. You could also turn off the audio for each single VDI number on the V3i. The three frequency color pinpoint greatly enhanced target ID from trash also.

Depth past 8 inches, extreme weight reduction, balance and full wireless capability were just a few of the Deus features that sold me.The tone bins are partly similar to the V3i as well as the X/Y plot screen and the 4 frequency(use one at a time) selection capability. Overall I love my Deus.Recently sold my V3i to a fella in Texas. The V3i was serving as my back-up after I bought and used the Deus for awhile. It is a great detector! Would be very hard to find another detector that offers more standard features.

I wear a dual beer holding hat when I'm in the woods and sometimes the straws get caught up in the trees.

The Deus has a lot of advantages over other metal detectors - just to name a few ...

Being cordless is a huge plus - almost no hangups and in heavily overgrown areas - had my corded headphones ripped of my head more times than I could count !

Jumping from one program to another with the Deus is so fast and easy - I hunt most of my sites switching back and forth between three different programs depending on how clean the ground is.

Also, the ultra light weight of the machine makes longer hunts much more comfortable - this is a big plus for many of us that have arm or shoulder pain - more time in the field = more good finds !

Good Hunting !