Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you love the F44? Or ????

roceda

Have you ever got a detector that you just "clicked" with ? I don't really know how to express it, but some of you may know what I mean. Well, I got the F44 a couple of weeks ago, and made a couple of two hour hunts, and I just don't "feel" it. I've had detectors before that I could just tell after the first time out that I "clicked" with it. This one, no "clicking". Ron

I know what you mean Ron---I've had a very few detectors over the years that I REALLY "clicked" with.-----It's like that detector was made just for you!-----This is a Fisher forum so I'll just mention the GB Pro & now the F-19 as being in that category (for me).-----The F-44----I don't think so (speaking ONLY for myself).----Others may think its the "cats meow".------Aren't we glad they make so many detectors--people see things differently!

Felt like I had used it for years........

As far as the display of the F44, I don't like the nagging arrows always flashing "up" or "down. The space would have been better served to separate the running depth meter and the soil meter.

I haven't used one so cannot comment on performance. I will say that the F2 is such a sweet and simple turn on and go unit that I find it hard to be without it. It never fails to impress me for the price. `

(oops. Meant for the OP. Sorry Elton.)

Well I can't see this brand new machine (two weeks old, used less than four hours) just sitting in the closet, so I think I'm going to list it on the classifieds soon.

Hi Ron,
I understand not "clicking" with a detector. I've been there many times.

Is it the coil that seems to be causing you problems?

Would you mind taking the time to explain why you don't feel good about it?

HH
Mike

I have clicked with several detectors in my time, but honestly it took more than 4 hours to do it.
As I spent more and more time with them and learned to understand them that AHA moment always came and I was glad I put in the time.
Everybody is different, however.

Well Mike, the coil is somewhat different than the round concentric I'm used to. And it seems to be a tad "coil heavy". Not really much of a problem there. Its just that I think that health wise I'm not going to be able to spend sufficient enough time to get to the "aha" moment.( I'm 72 and fading fast)

Ha! Thanks Ron.
I was just curious.

HH
Mike

Wow! I have liked all my new detectors until I had some good detecting time with them. I started to notice they wouldn't do the thing I thought they should do. They lacked the ability to hunt the why I want to hunt. The ability to go to any site and work. To be fast, light, good choice of small coils and easy to operate. I hate the nose heavy detectors and some manufacturers only produce those guys. The detectors are good, the balance and evenness isn't there. Those guys are really hard on my arm and I have to take off to recoop. No, I have never clicked with a detector, it had to earn that place with me. Thanks for reading.....Z

I an wondering if the F44 would be a good back up for rainy days. I have hit heavily used areas on a wet rainy weekend day. You have the place to yourself. Either that or an ATP.