Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

does anyone else have this problem with their e-trac

bradley

i have owned my r-trac for about 4 months now and i have always ran it with trash density on high well today i was detecting at a old church and decided to try trash density on low when i did my numbers would freez but i would get a good signal and go to a different target and would get a signal but my numbers were stuck on the last target so i changed it back to high and the numbers would change soon as i got a signal should it do this with trash density on low does anyone else have this problem thanks for any help

my numbers don't always update properly either. interesting thing about the trash density setting, are you noticing any other changes in performance? I'm getting to where i just don't look at the numbers anymore, I just listen to tones unless the ferrous number is stuck on 35 after several pausing sweeps.

no there dont seem to be any other changes i just cant understand why changing trash density setting would do this when it is set on high and go over a target soon as i here the sound the numbers come up but when i cange it to low i can go over a target and when i here the sound no numbers come up at all then i can walk a couple of feet and get a signal and numbers will come up but then when i go to another target it either dont show the new numbers or it takes several sweeps to finally get the numbers to come up but in high it works fine i wish someone else would try this on their e-trac to see if theirs does it too thanks for the replie dirtdean

I've had mine for 6 months. I've always had a problem with the numbers updating. It seems the longer it runs the worse it gets. If I do a master reset on it it's fine for an hour, then it starts slowing down. I have to lift the coil up to get a threshold signal, then the numbers change. If I'm in an area where I get a lot of signals, the display is always 1 signal behind. If I hit a coin I might have just the FE - CO showing and then I hit a pop top and the display shows the numbers for the coin I had hit before. Then I go back to the coin and the numbers for the pop top show up. I think it helps if you don't have fast on and also if you change to the big number display. It's a great detector and I've found a lot of great things with it, but this makes it almost impossible to use. I'm going to send it back when I can part with it for a while. I called tech support (after a couple of e-mails, with no response) and they acted like there is nothing wrong with it. I just don't want to lose it for a month and have them say that there is nothing wrong with it.

Sticky numbers! Yep, happens to me too. Not sure but I think it happens to me no matter what the trash density set at. pro778 hit on something and that is that is does seem to get worse after awhile of use. In any case it is kind of annoying since the "sound" doesn't match the numbers! It's second nature now for me to just get a threshold and swing over the target again to "clear" the sticky number. I wonder if any SE owners have this? I only ask because I have read a lot of threads from folks with these machines saying to go by sound and ignore the numbers. This is my first Minelab and just curious if it is a Minelab thing or not?

What I've found is the ID numbers don't update until the threshold tone returns after a detection. So....if you have three targets in close proximity you will receive tones in the headphones, but, the target ID will not update until the threshold returns once you have passed all three, and should show the strongest non-discriminated target. So if you tackle insane iron infested sites where you hardly hear the threshold....relying on ID updates is not the best.

If you're in tight trash you can try a short slow 'wiggle' over your possible good target, trying to get the threshold to return each side to get an ID/depth. Pinpoint is handy for the "dig or not to dig" question.

Tones always spot on. E-trac is unbeatable if you do the "tones first....ID second" approach.

i have used mine for four months and it has always been very fast on the id numbers until the other day when i first changed trash density to low i have since changed it back to high and works fast just like it did before

bradley said:
i have used mine for four months and it has always been very fast on the id numbers until the other day when i first changed trash density to low i have since changed it back to high and works fast just like it did before

oh ok, different issue, no probs. Were you using Density Low in high trash? I've only used low on cleaner sites and not seen your problem.

Hope you work it out.

Cheers,
Greg

I have a problem where I get a good tone ( Sound ) and a good number , but when I go to the pinpoint mode the number changes to the area where a rusty nail would register. That leaves me second guessing the original signal that I got , and most of the time I won't bother digging it because I don't want to waste the little bit of time that I have to detect digging large rusty nails. CoinShooter-Craig

no gregliss i was not hunting in a trashy site thats why i figured i would try the low trash and the ground was not very minerulized i was running in auto +3 and stayed at 26 to 27 on sensitivity i even tried to reset that day to see if it would help and it did nothing.the only reason i was wanting to try low trash is because when i was reading the manual it talked about how trash setting on high would make the id numbers a little off i was just wanting to get the most accurate id i did talk to minelab today and he told me to try recovey fast on with the low trash to see if that would help with the slow id i have not tried this yet but with fast recovery on it to will alter the id numbers he told me to call him back if that did not help thanks everyone for the replies:detecting: