Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone else use Mixed Mode Pro?

Phil

The last couple of times out hunting old home sites in crop fields, I have used Mixed Mode Pro. The only changes I made to the factory program was to use tone ID, minor tweaks in sensitivity and audio pre-amp. I also use all 3 frequencies but I don't remember if that is in the factory program or if I changed it. It seems to be working well for me picking out the non ferrous targets from the iron laden debris field of the typical 1800's home site around here. I've been trying this program out at sites I've already grid hunted with some of my other detectors. Here are a few finds from the last couple hunts. Nothing fabulous but I'm pleased to be digging anything at these sites.

pennyandtokenobv.jpg

Nov14finds.jpg

I can't get a date off the large cent but the IH is a 64 I think.

I agree on Mixed Mode. I turned it on in Coin and Jewelry when I was having trouble on a beach telling where "real" items were. When the background hum and the beeping alligned, I was able to tell which "iffy" targets (according to the beeping) were "real" by if/how the all metal mode alligned with it. I'm not sure if this is how you're supposed to think of it, but it basically gave me another tool for decision making.

Tater.

I don't use MM, but I have played with it a little bit and was very impressed with the depth. In my ground and for what I hunt, MM is too "much" for me. For the right user, MM is one heck of a program though. Congratulations on the finds Phil.

I've been adjusting it for my ground. The main factor is getting the all metal and discrimination (sensitivity) balanced. It's not for trashy areas. Rob

Like you said, minor tweaks to the program and it is great.

One major change I made was to reject -95 to -40. This is where all the small iron targets will hit. I can still tell where these targets are by the hum of the all metal channel, but I don't need to be bothered by the constant low pitched beep.

That looks like a nice Coronet Cent. Can you get the date off of it?

Neil in West Jersey said:
Like you said, minor tweaks to the program and it is great.

One major change I made was to reject -95 to -40. This is where all the small iron targets will hit. I can still tell where these targets are by the hum of the all metal channel, but I don't need to be bothered by the constant low pitched beep.

That looks like a nice Coronet Cent. Can you get the date off of it?

I'm a long time user of the MXT in relic mode as well as using an Explorer for years in ferrous tones with open screen and even my F70 in 2 tone with no discrimination so a little noise doesn't bother me. I guess my ears have a built in filter now.lol Even when I use the C&J mode I only have from -95 to -70 discriminated out. The large cent has no date I can see. It is the first one I've dug that you can plainly read "liberty" in the headband but the date is worn off.