Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone have anything they can share about the nel sharpshooter on an Etrac?

Neil

Depth, separation, weight.....any comments are appreciated.

Compare it to the stock pro coil.

Thank you,
Neil

It's lighter and separates better just as you would suspect. On the other hand , the stock should be deeper but I have never tested that to verify since my dirt doesn't lend itself much for depth to begin with. Coverage is only slightly less than the stock.The cost/value of the NEL SS and the warranty make it a no brainer if you hunt some trashy areas. Another one to consider is the Detech 5 x 10 WSS , costs a bit more with the same traits. The coils on the Detech are tighter than the NEL ,,, at least on the one I have.

Thanks sprchng. The detech is as light as the sharpshooter?
And what do you mean the coils are tighter?

The 5 x 10 WSS is just a bit heavier than the NEL but still lighter than the stock. The coils on the 5 x 10 are wound tighter than the NEL so they go through the shaft easier and allow the etrac to collapse more completely than the NEL. Not a big deal if you dedicate a lower shaft to the NEL and don't often fully collapse it. The coil on my NEL Hunter is wound tighter so it may just be that I got a particularly loosely wound cable on my SShooter but it is a real PITA so I usually use the Detech.

Ok gotcha. I had a 8X6 SEF a few years ago, same thing....the coiled cable was so wide I couldn't collapse the shaft like usual.
Thank you

I used the 11 inch stock coil, X-5, NEL tornado, and then used the Sharpshooter. I missed 3 wheat pennies after using the other coils on the yard. I was kind of shocked since it rang up clear as a bell. I do use the Sharpshooter but it depends what other coils U have. U might want to consider the Snake coil. It is far better at even small areas. I think its depth is pretty good.