Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know the pulse delay range of the ATX?

sonnar28

I am trying to correlate specific "discrimination settings" on the ATX to specific pulse delay settings I have used with other PI machines (what is the minimum on the ATX, what is the max, is it linear in between?). I send an email to Garrett earlier this week, but so far have not gotten a response. Does anyone have info on this? Thanks!!
Charles

If you want to figure it out faster make a test garden and try out the diffrent settings with both detectors discriminating the same object. Though I do not see the point of try to find exactly what number on a different machine correlates to the ATX or even the millisecond value, just take your ATX out and run it over some known targets in your test bed. Also your ground mineralization will affect the amount of discrimination needed, so you should test it in the type of soil your going to hunt.

To find out what discrimination I would have to run to stop finding wire filiments and lead shot, i put a shiny new dime at the depth of 1 foot then tested the known target with the ATX. Slowly i increased the discrimination until it would not pick up the dime then backed it off two notches. Presto! way less trash and i know i will not leave any modern coins in the ground.

If i hunt a new unknown area with vastly different soil i will repeat the test.

Using a known target really speeds up learning any machine, or field tuning, i highly recommend it.

sonnar28 said:
I am trying to correlate specific "discrimination settings" on the ATX to specific pulse delay settings I have used with other PI machines (what is the minimum on the ATX, what is the max, is it linear in between?). I send an email to Garrett earlier this week, but so far have not gotten a response. Does anyone have info on this? Thanks!!
Charles

I'd be interested in know the pulse delay range on the ATX as well...especially, how it performs compared to other top of the line PI detectors such as Eric Foster's Goldscan / Goldquest series or White's TDI on the beach.

White's had a golden opportunity to fill a niche market for a top-of-the-line waterproof PI (TDI), but for whatever their reasons, didn't.

If you happen to do any comparisons to your newly acquired Aquasearch (I missed that posting by a few hours in the classifieds), I'd really be interested sonnar28!

thanks and happy huntin! :twodetecting:

Charles,
I have read your email as well as found the one from sales@garrett.com. In looking these over and speaking to a number of helpful individuals here, I regrettable have some bad news. The information you are asking for is not information that Garrett publicly announces. While we do understand you desire to know these "discrimination setting" on the ATX, we do know that there is a difference in this machine vs. many other machines. I do wish I could share more information but respectfully at this time this just not an option.
Thank you for your inquiry and we hope you have much success using your Garrett ATX machine.

Adam Lewis

Garrett Metal Detectors
972-494-6151
972-494-1881 (Fax)
1-800-527-4011

My original email:

Hi,
Could you please tell me how specific "discrimination settings" on the ATX correlate to specific pulse delay settings ( 10 msec, 15 msec, etc).
What is the minimum on the ATX, what is the max, is it linear in between?
Thanks!!
Charles

So we have few reasons here... Marketing, Money, and maybe if you get it those spec your never buy Garrett detector again ;)

As far as I know, of the major manufacturers, only whites has been open about pulse delay values. This is probably due to the fact that TDI design is derived from an Eric Foster design and Eric was I was going to discuss the technical details of his detectors.

If you want to go on a real magical mystery tour try to find out anything meaningful about what the various settings on the mine lab pulse induction detectors mean!
If all the magic was removed from metal detectors, top-of-the-line detectors would cost $150 but there be only three manufacturers and they'd all be Chinese.

Does it really matter what the pulse delay is if you can find a gold ring at 15-18" at a salt water beach?

Hello it s important to know that ! it s like buy a new car without horse power number ! its run , yes but From ? till ? 10 m/s will be nice for deep seeking or small sub gram nuggets ! if 17m:s maybe better for the big and deep ....

Thank you sonnar28 to ask this question ...see you at sarzeau again:cheers: