Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyones V3 work properly?

woodchiphustler

Man this forum is full of V3 problems. From headphones to coils? Product or consumer????????

I haven't had any problems that I couldn't fix by adjusting the V to my ground and hunting style. It seems that the V3, for the most part, is too hot out of the box for many, just the opposite of the mild settings on the DFX. I think the number of adjustments available on the V is overwhelming to some and it is obvious that many new users don't even bother to read the instructions, while others expect expert results with limited experience metal detecting. The reasons are many for the complaints and if you read the other forums, complaining is pretty consistent across the board regardless of brand.

Some problems are legitimate though and White's is quick to fix those.

woodchiphustler said:
Man this forum is full of V3 problems. From headphones to coils? Product or consumer????????

Your POINT ? ? ?

Jerry

The few problems that we have had aside, if the machine is still finding enough to keep us busy fairly happy for hundreds of hours each (about 500 total), it DOES speak well of the detecting experience with the V3, which we bought due to having such a FANTASTIC time with the MXT. The experience with the V3 has beat the MXT hands down, because as technophiles it is great fun for us to learn to adjust and interpret the V3. The ONLY problem is that depth seems to be consistantly much less than with the MXT...as in half or less. We would expect that, in multi-frequency mode the V3 could be expected to be not quite as deep on coins/small gold as the MXT, which is a high, single-frequency detector. Detecting in 22.5 single frequency does improve depth a bit, but it still doesn't come close.

It did take 2-3 weeks to figure out how to quiet the machine down and not be drowning in data, but after reading many of the posts here and learning, any falsing issues, EMI issues, and detector interference became as manageable. We still can't figure it out every time, but 95% of the time, if we want to detect somewhere, we can tweak it enough to have fun and find stuff. That, and the analyze screen is a dream for interpreting finds before the dig.

Regarding Problems: , as we have an early Vision, we had one pod explosion due to the wrong hardware and the original coil shipped recommended gain of 2 consistently. Those two weren't user error, though depth concerns may be. We're calling whites for advice today, having seemingly exhausted most standard adjustments as described in the manual and in the videos in terms of achieving depth greater than 4 inches or so using the 10DD. A V-rated 5.3 and 6x10 and a non-v-rated Bigfoot (Great fun coil!!!) have also been used, with similar results. There may be something we're missing and we have posted up for assistance from the experts on the forum here and look forward to advice.

So far, we have received two personal PMs on this site that the depth problems may be associated with a calibration issue on early models (we have #17 off the line) but I still haven't figured out whether that would impact depth reported (usually half of

Regarding Customer Service: When the BHID was also shipped with a bad coil, and then the replacement coil wasn't watertight, Whites went above and beyond in terms of customer service, eventually sending a new machine. We have no doubt that 1) If there is a mechanical problem whites with ID and fix it and 2) that if we haven't figured it out we are going to continue to try to learn, maybe seeking out someone in our area with a similar machine for help. Our dealer is far away, so its not possible to go there for help in person.

Tater

Mine is perfect, thanks for asking. :detecting:

I have. Appears some of the trouble is from Joe Average.

No point. I wonder how many folks took the time to read the manual?

woodchiphustler said:
I have. Appears some of the trouble is from Joe Average.

OMG! This makes perfect sense. The depth that you achieve with your V3 correlates with your IQ, hence, Joe Average = Average Depth! This can be triangulated with the hypothesis regarding reading the owners manual. If you are just plain stupid, then you are also less likely to have read your manual because you realize that there is no way that you will comprehend it anyway.:surrender:

If you are triple stupid, meaning IQ is in the negative range, your pod will explode and your coil will go out of spec. ;)

That settles it. :super:

nugget.
IQ: 75.
Reading comprehension: Fourth grade.
Education: GED, almost
Employment: n/a
Stupid Level: Triple Stupid

The manual is good but I myself like the video's. Have you watched them? You can just set and watch the video's and adj your machine while you watch. Try it or have you got a V3?

The DVDs are a great point to consider, and the third arm of the V3:Intelligence triangulation!

You see, as a Mouth Breather, I actually ran into trouble with my DVD. Seems that the drool on my laptop keyboard prevented my machine from playing more than one chapter of the DVD, then it really broke when I tried to fit it in my Betamax machine. Lame. Thankfully, my caretaker at our group home found the videos online. They were excellent, and highly recommended. :cheers:

Nugget

(all joking here, no offense intended)

Thats me. Triple stupid.:clapping: or is tripel stupid? hey how do use a spell check.

Aw heck...who would you rather be, anyway? a :nerd: with a detector that goes 18 inches or a :super: that just looks good detecting? Wait...don't answer that!!

Tater

I must have an I.Q. resting at 76 then. No issues in learning the box. It is amazing how many people still have there VCR and appliances flashing 12:00 in the first place. This next run of mine could insult some (but not those who come in at a 77 or above). Any time you go out and plunk down hard earned money on something (that has to be learned to achieve a fuller capability, just expecting this sheer intent to muscle them through any potential work in learning, is going to be buying closet candy. I've been in this hobby for many years. Do you know how many people I've helped with there machines? Many....but always stop short when I learn that they actually have absolutely no interest in the actual learning (the process seems to hurt their self confidence usually because they can't distinguish between ignorant and stupid) or just want something for nothing. (That IS what treasure hunting means to them.)

I, for one, am re-hunting places that I attempted when the new machine was first in my hands. Runs smooth in tough situations and always either walk away with something good or at least a much better comprehension of the box. If you just aren't into something a little more complex, buy an MXT or go to a coin shop. Not anything wrong with either as both produce excellent results.

Taught the V to a 14 year old kid with a healthy attitude and guess what...he was VERY proud to teach me a thing or two. Lift up your flap and jump in.

I had some problems as I had one of the first ones out, But Whites told me what to do about the falsing that bugged me in some places !

Mine works great -- plenty of finds, some insanely deep. I have had to learn to adjust around EMI, but I don't see that as a problem.

[pre]
[/pre]

Isn't this what forums are for??? Post up your problem and wait to get some help/suggestions in correcting it. Learn along with everyone else, share your experiencies and in turn help others. As far as actual product problems, there seems to have been a few but Whites have jumped straight on to it and fixed it, can't ask for more than that.