Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Garrett plan on releasing new Whites products

In my opinion I have always thought they would!
1.) White's Spectra V3i possibly 'in the top of the line' of the multifrequency machines?
2.) White's Spectra V3i and Garrett both American Made, and possibly out of the two manufacturers' the build (Craftsmanship) quality are in the top?
It would take a combination of the aforesaid to remain competitively?
Even with that can they remain competitive?
Competition was one of the reasons White's alluded to as giving for closing the doors!
Realistically, one can never tell!
What is on the horizon?
I can't wait until after the first of they year! As always!

I’ve been watching, waiting for Garrett to make the best of the intellectual and physical property they purchased from Whites. One idea I push is a reconfigured V3i with tech updates and a streamlining of the menu navigation to attract those who felt it was too much. Lighter, waterproof with Garrett’s waterproof connectors for coil & headphones.
I still have my V3i (plus 10 other detectors) but unless I use my hip mount (tangles up in the woods) it’s way more to swing than my Nox or F75 or….
35 years ago I was swinging blue box 6000Di Pro and similar no prob but wrist fatigue but then I was 30 years old.
Another gem is my TDI Beachunter, with all Garrett’s PI expertise they have to bring this back in some form. At the elevated price point it would go for I don’t think it would knock the Seahunter MK2 off the list. My Seahunter is a great travel PI and goes to MX often with me.
I stumbled accross this topic and had to comment as a long time Whites guy.

I’ve been watching, waiting for Garrett to make the best of the intellectual and physical property they purchased from Whites. One idea I push is a reconfigured V3i with tech updates and a streamlining of the menu navigation to attract those who felt it was too much. Lighter, waterproof with Garrett’s waterproof connectors for coil & headphones.
I still have my V3i (plus 10 other detectors) but unless I use my hip mount (tangles up in the woods) it’s way more to swing than my Nox or F75 or….
35 years ago I was swinging blue box 6000Di Pro and similar no prob but wrist fatigue but then I was 30 years old.
Another gem is my TDI Beachunter, with all Garrett’s PI expertise they have to bring this back in some form. At the elevated price point it would go for I don’t think it would knock the Seahunter MK2 off the list. My Seahunter is a great travel PI and goes to MX often with me.
I stumbled accross this topic and had to comment as a long time Whites guy.
I’m with you on the updated V3i. Speed it up with new processors and cut out the things that only confuses even the advanced detectorist. I have mine set up for my conditions and base different programs off of that. Basically making it a simple machine for me that is a killer machine. However, not everyone wants to go through the steep learning curve to get to that point.

Undoubtedly, the Spectra V3i will come back! In saying that if nothing else through Garrett having all the rights to the V3i it will come out as a Garrett and V3i in disguise? ? ? The V3i possibly is still the leader in: multi-freq. simultaneous; together, with the only one that has multi-freq., displayed in pinpointing? ? ? The quality in the build and the service both companies have been know for I expect them to be fierce competition this spring? ? ?

Hmm... my thoughts on this are different. The Spectra as we have known it will not have a come back, depending on the discontinued components. That was the reason White's stopped the VX3 production to have more components for the V3i; as the margin was better on this one (both detectors used the same parts, only different software 😉🤑) So they could get the most out of the remaining components.
About the resurrection of the GM 24K I think it was a test balloon to get feedback on how well a White's branded detector will sell; and only time will show how much money can be generated this way. (and Garrett was in the need of a new gold-detector)
I for mine like the ace-apex even if I do not own one right now. But if my White's SMF will stop working this one will be the next for sure. May be Garrett will improve the design and fexibility of this detector, spending it a dot matrix display instead of this shaby LCD, and giving it with that some more adjustable featrures like on the Spectra series. (they do own the patents for the machines, go and use them)
I think Garrett has the power to change the detector market with detectors at an reasonable price, quality build with outstanding service.
IMHO

Hmm... my thoughts on this are different. The Spectra as we have known it will not have a come back, depending on the discontinued components. That was the reason White's stopped the VX3 production to have more components for the V3i; as the margin was better on this one (both detectors used the same parts, only different software 😉🤑) So they could get the most out of the remaining components.
About the resurrection of the GM 24K I think it was a test balloon to get feedback on how well a White's branded detector will sell; and only time will show how much money can be generated this way. (and Garrett was in the need of a new gold-detector)
I for mine like the ace-apex even if I do not own one right now. But if my White's SMF will stop working this one will be the next for sure. May be Garrett will improve the design and fexibility of this detector, spending it a dot matrix display instead of this shaby LCD, and giving it with that some more adjustable featrures like on the Spectra series. (they do own the patents for the machines, go and use them)
I think Garrett has the power to change the detector market with detectors at an reasonable price, quality build with outstanding service.
IMHO

The pictures that I’ve seen of the current 24k have both the Whites and Garrett name on the faceplate. So I doubt there are any refinements or changes. As for future models, there is a computer chip shortage going on. It could take many years to straighten that out.

Lets Go Brandon

My preference was the DFX. This machine was certainly capable and has many performance options that can be tweaked. But, certainly has a learning curve to it. One needs to spend a lot of time with the higher end Whites machines. I stopped using them as their machines are to heavy for old arms and shoulders. Getting old sucks.

I have two questions: 1.) Whats the difference v3i vs. v3 ? (2. whats the favorite white's detector for your all around basic hunting??Thanks CJM
My research reveals the i is the V3i added International languages to the menu. However, I read here that it was something else. I believe the White's Spectra V3i is still the best multi-freq. that has simultaneous freq. read out; together, with the only metal detector I am aware of that provides multi-freq. pinpoint readout simultaneously? I love mine! I will never sell it! I believe it is the only one on the market that teaches patience! It will teach one metal detecting! The build quality of the White's products, and Garrett are second to none. I could not fathom spending that kind of money only to worry if the ears on the coil would break! I also own another multi-freq. metal detector. The build quality between the two does not compare. Prior to White's closing I sent mine in, and they sent it back with a new coil free of charge, including free shipping.
C.J.M. I hope this answers your post.

Leatherneck,