Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the Coiltec 5x10 float?

JCPinCt

I bought one of these for my Sovereign a year ago and the darn thing floats. So I would like to know if anyone has one for the CTX 3030 and if it floats. Thanks

The number of responses to your question is probably indicative as to how many of these overpriced coils they have sold. I traded into one for the ergonomics of that shape coil and was surprised to find that it is about the same weight or a little heavier than the stock 11". The first run/model floated I believe and there were a few complaints about it. The second model is what I have , with the redesigned bolt hole size/positioning and what I am assuming is added weight. I have never hunted in water with it so I don't know if it floats or not and I'm not about to dunk it to find out and have Coiltek tell me I voided the warranty by doing so if it should fail .:blink:

If you go on the Coiltec site, it says they are waterproof so you wouldn't have to worry anyway. I guess you are right about another run of them for the CTX, but they totally discontinued the Sov. waterproof model of this coil. I had used my Sov. model in the water with no problems except it was hard keeping it underwater. The info about where the shaft mounts may be useful. I doubt if I'd ever find a used 2nd type for sale for the CTX , but I bet the first one floated. Thanks.

I like coils but this one never did it for me, i think it was the price coupled with the 20 cent nut and bolt that made up my mind for me in about oh 2.1345 seconds,

I really missed having all those coils for the etrac, but then I worked out that minelabs greed has saved me money so well done minelab I now have a choice big 11" or small 6" and i need no other coils so what i thought was a curse has ended up being a blessing :bouncy:

AJ

Yes, the 1st one definitely floated. Some improvements were supposedly made but I haven't seen any posts on how well the improvements worked.

sprchng said:
The number of responses to your question is probably indicative as to how many of these overpriced coils they have sold. I traded into one for the ergonomics of that shape coil and was surprised to find that it is about the same weight or a little heavier than the stock 11". The first run/model floated I believe and there were a few complaints about it. The second model is what I have , with the redesigned bolt hole size/positioning and what I am assuming is added weight. I have never hunted in water with it so I don't know if it floats or not and I'm not about to dunk it to find out and have Coiltek tell me I voided the warranty by doing so if it should fail .:blink:

I've always wondered the same thing about the actual number of them sold. Not many responses to any questions about it since it was available has got to mean not many owners. Way overpriced, much like Minelab brand accessories themselves. I saw a used one for sale on another forum for $175 but it sold quick before I could respond. I wish someone would produce a 6" x 8" coil.