Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the CTX screen indicate depth on targets?

silversweeper

Still contemplating trading a chunk of my hard eared dough for a CTX but before I do I want to make sure I know exactly what I'm getting myself into...lol. I have been following posts on this forum for a while and have a question for you lucky few. Does the CTX indicate depth on targets? I havn't been seeing that on the videos which some of you have posted and I was wondering if I was missing it. The depth indication on my etrac is a major deciding point on dig or not to dig on some of the old sites I hunt. Normally on those sites, if it isn't real deep it isn't worth digging (hunting them in TTF). Thanks in advance for the info and happy hunting to all of you.

Yep,
depth is indicated as Joe of SJ says.

Although my personal preference was the depth gauge indicator on the Etrac, I had no trouble adjusting to the digital depth readout on the CTX.
Be careful blowing off those shallow signals with the CTX however! I was a big ttf hunter with the Etrac and pounded my iron-infested back yard in ttf with it every day last summer, using various small coils. Worked great. Cleaned the place out, or so I thought. Took the CTX out a couple times in the yard and got 15 more coins including 9 nickels and my first V nickel, a 1908.

All were less than 5 inches down in the heavy iron. Depth aint everything IMHO!

You will really love this machine.

Hope this helps.

Bik