Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does the new e-trac come with a written manual, or just the cd

Kidd

Just bought my new e-trac, it did not come with the written manual, just a cd, is this the way its suppose to be? Thanks for your time, Kidd.

Thanks Elmy for the link. Do you know if the brand new etracs are suppose to have the written manual as well. I like having that book in hand.
I got mine in 2013 ..it did have a manual with it...don know about the newer etracs ....sorry !

Last edited:
Hi Kidd,
It comes with a manual over in Britain but manufacturers seem to do different things when selling in different countries.........i would say it should come with the written manual.

Everyone beat me to it, it’s online only now. With everybody doing everything on their phone and computers, it’s headed that way with this stuff. A fair number of people still like going through a paper manual though, but it’s not in there anymore over here.

Everyone beat me to it, it’s online only now. With everybody doing everything on their phone and computers, it’s headed that way with this stuff. A fair number of people still like going through a paper manual though, but it’s not in there anymore over here.
Thanks IDX, that the answer I've been waiting for. Happy hunting, Gerry

do the new E-tracs come with the same software that it did 8 or 9 years ago or is it an updated version of software ? And is there is difference ?

The software is the same Sky. And that is a GOOD thing. As anyone who has spent a great deal of time with FBS knows, it seems to be “slow” because relatively speaking, it is. They are not “fast” or “lightning quick”...but they can’t be to do what it is they do SO well. I’ll use the phrase yet again...FBS doesn’t “separate”...it “sorts”. There is a difference in how they work compared to an Equinox or a Deus. In the end, all machines mentioned are simply different tools for the user to get accustomed to, and to work with to get the most out of them.

The software is the same Sky. And that is a GOOD thing. As anyone who has spent a great deal of time with FBS knows, it seems to be “slow” because relatively speaking, it is. They are not “fast” or “lightning quick”...but they can’t be to do what it is they do SO well. I’ll use the phrase yet again...FBS doesn’t “separate”...it “sorts”. There is a difference in how they work compared to an Equinox or a Deus. In the end, all machines mentioned are simply different tools for the user to get accustomed to, and to work with to get the most out of them.
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm still learning my E Trac and all I can say is I love it. So much is packed in this detector. Probably going to take me a couple years to really get this think dialed in. Again, thanks for the info

Just bought my new e-trac, it did not come with the written manual, just a cd, is this the way its suppose to be? Thanks for your time, Kidd.
A few days ago i bought Andy's book on the Etrac and Explorer line hopfully this book is like a manual.