Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does The V3I find Small Gold?

oneon

You bet your A$$

Thank God this was In the wet, it went through my scoop about 5 times!
I'd like to thank the baby gangster who left this for me! About 1.4 grams 14K . A nice storm on Monday shook things lose. It was a really good week.

That is a nice one, let us know if the rock is real too. :thumbup: That is not really what I consider small gold although it is certainly a small ring. The V is very good at prospecting small nuggets.

yes it will find small gold, I used it for going through the tailings from an old gold mine and I also used the 4 x 6 coil which helped a lot, it is a lot of work digging and going over the tailings but it can pay off if you get lucky, my partner got lucky and found some but I did not LOL

Guys I know this wasn't really small gold, just the smallest gold ring I've ever seen. Didn't know little kids wore gold rings. Kinda weird if you ask me. The smallest gold Ive dug with the V3I are the clasps on some very fine gold bracelets. I guess that would be equivalent to hitting a nugget. I'm dreaming of going out west or maybe even the north west and going through some tailings.

The Etrac and the Excalibur couldn't find this gold at more than an inch, but the V3i found it at 6 inches.

Agreed! The beach I work has many excals and some etracs. They walk over stuff i pick up all the time. They claim they dont want small gold anyway but truth be told grams add up pretty quick.

Everyone wants the gold, whether it is big or small. The V3i is very sensitive to small targets.

Hi all, would anybody care to share the program details that you used for detecting the small peices of gold both nuggets and beach thanks

I'm using the stock beach program. Im very new using the V3I and my beach is very mineralized lots of black sand. It seems to be really noisy when I leave the RX at 10. I used to bring it down to 6 or 7 but I have found contrary to what others said deep gold with it. When it gets noisy I hunt in pin point mode. when I get a signal I release pin point and then decide weather to dig based on the VDI's. I was hunting very differently but I kind of got caught in this habit on the beach I should also ad that im getting good results and can hear the deeper signals this way.. Can anyone suggest a problem with this style of hunting, in other words am I missing something? I am always open to suggestions and or recommendations. Thanks

PS. as for nugget hunting I have no idea.

Hi thanks for reply so you are using only the stock program , I was going to ask if you have tried Fox's V3i beach Program
but I see that you are on the other forum as well.
I have not tried my V3i on the beach yet but itching to try
cheers

Why not use the beach program with mixed mode? If you had a V3i use mixed mode or stereo mixed mode.

Rob (IL) said:
Why not use the beach program with mixed mode? If you had a V3i use mixed mode or stereo mixed mode.
Instead of holding the trigger all the time around you could use the above programs of course as Rob is saying. Or you could create one.

Rob (IL) said:

Thanks Rob. I hunted in mixed mode with my dfx and got my best results with it. I guess I just got into this habit of hunting in pin point with the V3I. for me its a slow progression I learn one thing and then move to another. I've hit some pretty good stuff this way maybe I'm being superstitious! But to be clear let me understand you say the beach program WITH mixed mode? How is that done? I am still a long way from where I need to be with the V3I but im having a FUN time on the journey. Thank you for your time.

Got it Rob wrote that before my coffee. Ill give it a try today. I have a feeling thats the way ill hunt from now on. Thatnks for openening my eyes. Sometimes i need a smack in the head!

Sounds like you figured it out.

Rob just did some testing. The reason I had it in pinpoint mode was to be able to increase RX without falsing. Just put it in mixed mode pro with salt compensate and soil type salt. I think its going to false when I get there. Is there another way to do this?

NO, you choose Salt beach program. This program can be modified anyway you want. You don't have to set soil to salt the salt beach program does this by default.

Now go to search audio in live controls and press Enter you can choose to hunt in mixed mode or stereo mixed mode. If you choose mixed mode you will be hunting in all metal until the disc can see the target. if you are hunting in stereo mixed mode you will hear all metal in one ear and disc in the other.

THANK YOU!!! Thats what I originally thought but I couldn't find it! You are the man!!!

I'm closing the post, it has got off track. Just start a new one.