Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does this count as "silver in the hole"?

tiftaaft

In my quest for silver coins, I told my wife that I wasn't going to trim my beard until I found "silver in the hole"... with the intent of finding a rosie, a merc, or even better... something larger and/or older. Well, I have been on a silver drought since the beginning of March, and while my beard is getting a little unruly... I have been getting A LOT of support from my wife to go out and hunt ;).

I was able to find a few hours between rainstorms today at an older Portland OR park... and got a 12-42 signal at 9" (I was running a high disc'd pattern in high trash with the 17" coil and 19 manual sens)... it was a little scratchy, but repeatable, so I started digging... It was every bit of 9", and when I pulled it out I thought it was a junk metal utensil... but I got it home and cleaned it up to find the word "sterling" stamped on the back. Weighed it at 21 grams.

So... what do you guys think... does this count as silver in the hole?

Very clever way to get your spouse on board with your hobby!
And if its silver, its silver. (I'd call it silver it I found it).

Champ Ferguson said:
Very clever way to get your spouse on board with your hobby!
And if its silver, its silver. (I'd call it silver it I found it).

Thanks Champ, I agree with you... and I think she is on to me haha.

Don't get no more "silver" than that Tim, coins are 90%, Sterling is 92.5%. Now go chop that bush off your face and get diggin'!

Thanks for the input everyone.... the trimming has been completed! ;)

@IDX - Hope to get out this afternoon!

@trojdor - Thanks! The more I look at it the more I like the design, especially that winged figure.

@mrwilbruino - That is a great idea, I'll have to look into that...