Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does This Seem Normal Teknetics Warranty Work

jimmyjiver

Hi,,,,I bought my kid a new Teknetics Euro Pro last Christmas....He took care of sending the warranty card in and registering it on line....Now it is broken and needs repair he talked to Felix and he told him he needs the receipt now to get it fixed....The problem is we can't find the receipt as of yet....Now does this sound normal?.........JJ

Get a manual for the Eurotek Pro and on page 24 it explains the 5-year limited warranty, and what is needed to return a broken detector. One of the things is states is "Proof of purchase is required to make a claim under this warranty"
You might give your dealer a call to see if he can send you a copy of the sales reciept, if possible. Hope everything turns out ok.

Hi Jeff,,,Thanks for the reply.....I'm done doing business this way...Proof of purchase was validated when the warranty card was sent in....This was a Christmas gift so we wanted to keep the purchase price a secret too.... Good luck to everyone....JJ

I would call and get an RA# for repair, send it in and see if they fix it under warranty or they contact you with a price quote to repair it. I'm going to say when they check their system for that serial number your warranty registration will show and you'll just receive it back repaired.

Mark

rick (nova scotia) said:
No not normal at all since FT products don't come with warranty cards
The ones of have did!, My Coinstrike had a card and a detachable stub that the owner kept.

I still say I would send it in, when they check the serial number they're going to see that the unit is a new one just based on the production date.

Mark

MarkCZ said:
rick (nova scotia) said:
No not normal at all since FT products don't come with warranty cards
The ones of have did!, My Coinstrike had a card and a detachable stub that the owner kept.

I still say I would send it in, when they check the serial number they're going to see that the unit is a new one just based on the production date.

Mark

Coinstrike, well that was a few years ago. They haven't come with warranty cards for at least 4-5 years at a minimum.

Just shipped my T2se off for repair. It has begun to chatter REALLY bad when I turn it on, before any settings are touched. Same thing after going thru the settings. All I have (which I sent in) is the postal money receipt. Purchased in Aug. 2012 so it's still under warranty. Hope they accept that. Also had the upgrade done. Detector has done well.