Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

does your upper shaft cam-lock pin look like this?

moonshine

does your upper shaft cam-lock pin look like this? (offcentered) I can't remember what it looked like when I bought it so I have nothing to compare to. (except for the cam-lock pin on the control unit, which is centered) It looks like the pin is barely hanging on. Never had an issue but....if i should fix this or get it fixed I will. Hate to be out somewhere and have this break/come apart and not be useable. Is this a smooth brass pin that I could just tap lightly with a hammer to re-center? Or is this as-designed?

Thanks so much if anyone has any thoughts or could compare their's to this picture of each side of my shaft cam. See how it sticks out on the one side, and looks like its "in too far" on the other.

Thank you.

That's a big negative. I looked at my 7 month old etrac and my other unit only has a few hours on it. Both units have flush pins. Try opening the latch to relieve pressure and tap it back to center. I saw somewhere-can't remember, where a gent sent his in for an electrical malfunction. While minelab had it, they went ahead and changed the pins.

moonshine said:
does your upper shaft cam-lock pin look like this? (offcentered) I can't remember what it looked like when I bought it so I have nothing to compare to. (except for the cam-lock pin on the control unit, which is centered) It looks like the pin is barely hanging on. Never had an issue but....if i should fix this or get it fixed I will. Hate to be out somewhere and have this break/come apart and not be useable. Is this a smooth brass pin that I could just tap lightly with a hammer to re-center? Or is this as-designed?

Thanks so much if anyone has any thoughts or could compare their's to this picture of each side of my shaft cam. See how it sticks out on the one side, and looks like its "in too far" on the other.

Thank you.

It's fine, just lightly tap it back to the center. :thumbup:

The pin on my detector is centered. I'd just gently tap the extruded end in to center it..

moonshine said:

Thank you.

If it breaks or no longer holds a quick "rig job" so you can hunt, wrap lower shaft with just a bit of electrical tape push it up in lower shaft and it will hold. Now this is only a trick to save a hunt, did this for a woman in our club she came for the group hunt and her cam lock would not work but it lasted the whole hunt with no problem.

I had my E-trac since a month after they came out and one day I also noticed that. I just unlocked it took a regular flat screwdriver and carefully pushed it in flush. It has stayed flush ever since.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies, I truly appreciate it.