Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

doing a little learning test today

HickFu

Hello all,
Someone in a post was talking about polar plot being better then the size screen as it gives a better idea as to what is in the ground. They were so right! ( it reminds me of the days when i was an electronic tech using a Huntron Tracker 2000 ) I went to a park at the beach today to play around with the new settings ( i put every program to use polar plot instead of size) after about 30 or so minutes of digging my targets and looking at both the VDI and the polar plot signature, I was able to start calling every dig before i put shovel to ground. after another hour of knowing in my mind before digging what the target was ( and of course checking by digging ) I was able to speed up my MDing by not having to dig every target. I was able to pass up so many bottle caps ( this place is a drinkers paradise i guess ) I would still dig the foil targets even though the polar plot verified they were foil ( in my mind at least ) just in case i was wrong. All in all it was a good day, not so much as to what i found but the knowledge i gained from reading posts here and testing the logic in the field. Thank you all for the great information on this great forum.

Tim
Ventura Ca.

Glad you like the Polar Plot, there sure are plenty of tools to help you decide if you want to dig or not.

Polar Plot seems to works better for me. Its easier to read a target. Is it possible to continuously hunt in Polar Plot mode? Or is this just for analysis?

I wouldn't hunt in Polar Plot, it is designed for helping you to deside if the found target is something you might want to dig or not.