Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Doing well with my V3i

NormS

I have been out 13 times so far with my new V3i. Only 2 times have I come home with less than $4. So far I have $59 in clad and one ring. I think that is pretty good for only being out 13 times. I am still using the pretty much stock programs and have experimented some but I will wait until I have at least 100 hours on it. I wish I could take my laptop or ipad with me when i am out so i can look up stuff but I am to darn cheap to pay extra for the service.

I hit one area today and plucked $4.97 in 35 mins but before that i had hunted in area i hunted 3 - 4 times with my ATP. I just wanted to see if the V3i could find more in the area. I did but it was only $2 in 3-1/2 hours. I was certain there wasn't anymore coins in the area the last time I hunted with my ATP because I did a very tight grid search. I hunted that area today knowing i had covered every inch with my ATP so I am convinced the V3i does a better job picking out the good stuff from trash than the ATP. The area had lots of trash and I did dig a few false signals. A cpl of the signals were my fault but i was getting mixed signals and I dug because of a gut feeling there was something else there. One signal was a solid 93 at 8" and I dug and couldn't find it at 1st but it turned out to be an old rusty square nail.

The only two complaints i have is the arm cuff is mounted very poorly and seems loose even though it is as tight as i can get it. It also needs two bolts through it instead of one. The other complaint with be the pinpoint feature. I can do + on a spot or even X a spot and the target is rarely under the center of the coil. Most often it is 45 degrees and 5" from the center of the coil. I have better luck just going by the depth shown on the VDI.

Again i am very happy with it and know the possibilities are endless once i master it.

With time the pinpointing will become clearer to you. You will get an idea as to what the target is by the VDI number and then in pinpoint you will be able to trace the target to exact center using the probable frequency paired to that VDI range of known targets.

Doing very well indeed :thumbup:

Like Bill said............... VCO-ON........ pinpointing will be right on the money :tongue:

The new machine is really paying dividends for you Norm. Keep up the good work.
Its sounds like the v3i will have paid for its self by the end of summer. Thanks for the
update its very encouraging to see how well you are making the transition from the
AT pro.