Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dollar coin times two today

Larbear2

It was a nice sunny day so I got out for a water hunt, hoping to find some jewelry and/or old coins. I found neither, but did find two dollar coins. First stop was at the river, I got a mid to upper nineties vdi on the At Pro. Missed it on the first scoop which caused the silt to obscure my vision, but I got it on the third try. Big adrenaline rush when I saw that it was a big coin with a reeded edge, thought I might have found a silver dollar. Turned out to be an Eisenhower “IKE” dollar 1972.
Left the river and drove to the lake and found a Sacajawea dollar coin along with more clad. A little over four dollars in clad, including the dollar coins in that total. GL & HH
image.jpg

I tumbled the dollar coins, they look better. The 1974 Ike dollar I found in May of 2022 in the dirt, the 1972 I found in the water less than a year later. What are the odds of that happening? Metal detecting is a strange (and enjoyable) hobby for sure.
image.jpg

Dollar coins are fun to find, even if they aren't silver. Been hunting a closed golf course being renovated and snagged a 1978 Ike dollar a while back that was in a 925 silver bezel and a thin 925 marked silver chain. I am still scratching my head on that one. Good finds there, Larbear2. HH jim tn

Dollar coins are fun to find, even if they aren't silver. Been hunting a closed golf course being renovated and snagged a 1978 Ike dollar a while back that was in a 925 silver bezel and a thin 925 marked silver chain. I am still scratching my head on that one. Good finds there, Larbear2. HH jim tn
I would like to see that sounds pretty cool

Thanks Jim tn, you got the full meal deal on that one, coin, bezel, and chain. Here is one that I found clear back in 1992, coin and bezel but no chain. Scooped it out of a freshwater lake. GL & HH
image.jpg

My bezel has another loop on it that the chain goes through, otherwise they look the same, save for the coin dates. Maybe they were marketed? HH jim tn