Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dollar Coins

togamac

Now that many of us have some free time on our hands, how about doing something that will help our hobby immensely. Let's urge the US to take the paper $1 out of circulation and replace it with the $1 coin. Congress has been pussy-footing around this action for too long. Our Canadian brothers and sisters are cashing in with huge clad totals while we're digging lousy memorials!

Call, email, Tweet, write, or whatever your congressman and tell him that you support the Coin Act and want to see it made into law.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/26/pf/dollar-coin/index.html

n/t

I been waiting and hoping for the day. It sure would swell the pouch up if it came to pass.

Good luck:thumbup: If you managed to get those coins in circulation, consider you annual dollar value finds to go up an easy 40%.

My wife uses my washing colander like a free morning coffee fund. Not that I care much. It's fun to check a wood chip tot lot a few weeks after a clean out and find more dollar coins.

I am all in favor of dropping the paper dollar in favor dollar coins. F rom what I understand it save 52 million a year to switch! But while we are at it, can we stop making pennies too? HH Ed in co.

The UN should say:
All human beings have the right to lose their coins 1 and 2 dollars, euros or their own national currency. The coins of less value than the national patron (small change)MUST be silver, mandatory.:rofl:
That good feeling give these two euro coins, is it true, Fabio? :cheers:
Senda

THE US Gov. has billions of them warehoused because most don't use them. It would be great for them to all be used, but it hasn't worked yet.

Dug a square in an abandoned farm field.
Ripped the weeds and roots out.
Did some swaying with my AT Pro.
Dug up coins everywhere.
Even a coin from 1680.
Then I woke up...
:rolleyes: